Lower grill inserts

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I've seen some cars with "terminator" or "svt" on the lower grill of the front bumper.

Is there a vendor that makes these, or are they custom? I checked a few sites but haven't seen them

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Thanks joe. That makes sens
It's not an insert or a grill, it is painted on the heat exchanger.

--Joe

Thanks for the info. I see them now. Looks like LFP makes an upgraded H/E with various stencils.

Is the upgraded h/e worth the price of +$300? I'm going to do an upper pulley with tune, which will likely be the extent of any major power upgrades, so nothing too extreme. If the upgraded h/e is unnecessary at that power level, maybe i can do my own stencil job...

blownfox

Established Member
I've installed both LFP and AFCO exchanger and the AFCO had better fitment with the OEM brackets. I had to really bend the brackets for the LFP to get them in there.

yeah...I thought I was only going to have a pulley eaton when I first go my car. Within a year I had a VMP 2.3 blower on the car.

I have an AFCO heat exchanger and did my own stenciling.

35300006154_45e09c5dd9_c.jpg

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I've installed both LFP and AFCO exchanger and the AFCO had better fitment with the OEM brackets. I had to really bend the brackets for the LFP to get them in there.

yeah...I thought I was only going to have a pulley eaton when I first go my car. Within a year I had a VMP 2.3 blower on the car.

I have an AFCO heat exchanger and did my own stenciling.

View attachment 1460630

Looks good!

I'll have to research the afco when i get home

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
LFP sells their heat exchangers with COBRA and SVT already on them. I believe if you contact them you can change the color. I changed the word COBRA to SVT on my heat exchanger by rattle canning a light coat of grey to cover up the COBRA and then sprayed the SVT stencil I made in red over that. Been about a year now multiple passes on the track with no issues.

d8cc0c6c345721033345cb7521c5336c.jpg
359b6789fa889b20d3937b248860de69.jpg

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
LFP sells their heat exchangers with COBRA and SVT already on them. I believe if you contact them you can change the color. I changed the word COBRA to SVT on my heat exchanger by rattle canning a light coat of grey to cover up the COBRA and then sprayed the SVT stencil I made in red over that. Been about a year now multiple passes on the track with no issues.

View attachment 1460743View attachment 1460744

It may have been your car I've seen, but that's essentially what I'm looking at doing, specifically with dark red lettering. Everything on my exterior is black except where "cobra" is painted red on my calipers, so i think it'll match that pretty well

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
It may have been your car I've seen, but that's essentially what I'm looking at doing, specifically with dark red lettering. Everything on my exterior is black except where "cobra" is painted red on my calipers, so i think it'll match that pretty well

I noticed just a tiny bit of fading but overall it stays pretty dark. I sprayed a little more red on the SVT because I also wanted it dark.

nsileno

Established Member
I bought a black one to cover the damaged fins on the intercoolet probably late model of America muscle. Give them a call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I was originally thinking of getting the "terminator" stencil, but after looking through pics i really like the "cobra" ones. It just looks right. If you size it correctly, it seems to have the perfect amount of letters to fill the space cleanly.

Users who are viewing this thread