Lower crank sprocket on turbo car

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Who all has installed one? I will be doing opg hear in the next month or so and was wondering do i really need the sprocket? I have only heard of like 2 failures. Im not trying to be cheap but if its something thats not a big deal then why spend the extra money? Any insite would be helpful. Ill be making alot of power on e85 so just looking for my best option to help keep this motor alive.

Big Q

Established Member
After pulling mine apart to replace OPG's and feeling the quality or lack there of of the part in my hand I decided to upgrade. Was it needed I don't know, I've heard of only a couple of failures but my logic was why I was already in there it would be the time to do it and a little more insurance just like OPG's.

Bud

Established Member
I cracked one, it had about 7k miles with a blower on it, then some time with twins. I suck and hit the limiter quite a bit which probably didn't help. $250 is cheap insurance

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're in there for pump gears it only makes sense to do these at the same time....

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I cracked one, it had about 7k miles with a blower on it, then some time with twins. I suck and hit the limiter quite a bit which probably didn't help. $250 is cheap insurance

This, Especially once ur have spent money on a nice motor.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
Mmr is selling them for 215 shipped right now. Or team beefcake racing is selling them for 210 shipped. Jpc might have them not really sure.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we have the mmr on sale for 210 shipped right now, long before anyone thought there was an issue they were providing this part.

hit me up if your in need

Users who are viewing this thread