Lower Control Arms?

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I just broke my last set at the track, I'm an avid drag racer, so I need something strong enough for my 1.5x 60fts at the track and still have a decent ride quality. . . :rockon:

any recommendations. . . :shrug:

Lethal has a good variety on their website. . . what do most of you have? preference?

btw, I'm a solid axle, so lets just get that out of the way lol :beer:

68gtscode

Established Member
i have heard good things about mega bite jr's...

I have Mega Bite Jrs on my 98 Procharged car, and like them a lot. That said, I don't believe my car has near enough power to be breaking control arms! They have relocation brackets that I understand are useful for lower horespower cars... I'm not sure if they'd really be required on your car, since it probably has plenty of power to transfer weight.

If it were me, I'd look hard at the Maximum Motorsport HD arms. If these aren't enough, you may want to take a look at more radical offerings like Wolf Racecraft, etc. These will have metal bushings on both ends and may ride a bit harsher on the street though. Good luck,

Matt

SVT GI

Established Member
I have Team Z but they are spherical rod ends. Not bad on the street, but the car is loud anyway.

Why are you breaking them anyway, pinion angle? :shrug: What brand are you runnin?

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
I have Team Z but they are spherical rod ends. Not bad on the street, but the car is loud anyway.

Why are you breaking them anyway, pinion angle? :shrug: What brand are you runnin?

I didn't break the arm, but the rubber/grease bushing between the arm and the frame of the car . . . just enough to let the rear shift under decent throttle . . .

I have steeda LCA's currently. . .

rtusnake

Established Member
Your going to have to swap to solid bushings/derlin or you will just keep having the problem. I run the steeda weight jackers with solid bushings. I also have my battle boxes plated and welded

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
Wolfe Race Craft the only to go. I run his double adj. lower with coilovers. I know a dealer you can call get 25% off.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
need something that isn't completely race oriented . . . so i do need spring perches . . . sway bar holes . . . and doesn't need to be adjustable . . .

TRBO VNM

I am running the extreme duty MM's. I am not pulling those short times yet, but am launching at 5500+. I have only been back to the track once with the 3.73 gears. I pulled a 1.59, but hope to better that by .1 at least. just need some more seat time with my new setup.

Edit: I did have the MM lowers at the end of last season and ran the 10.80 with them launching at 5700. so they aren't part of the new setup

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread