LOW and NO Fuel Pressure

venom04svt

Established Member
I have a 2004 Cobra with KB 2.4 with boost-a-pumps, the car has ran great..fastlane motorsports just dynoed the car at 656.4hp and less than 200 miles after i was driving it to work and i got on it to go around a car and i lost fuel pressure..it idles great..no miss hardly at all and will build up to about 20psi of pressure but if i hit the gas i lose all pressure. I can hear the pumps prime so i guess it isnt them..have a new set just in case already..already ordered the fuel pressure regulator from ford..and when i unplug the one on the car it just shuts off... any ideas on what this could be? the car runs even limped it home with the problem...

venom04svt

Established Member
i checked for codes with my SCT excaliberIII and no codes.. NO check engine light even when pressure drops to zero, from what fastlane and ford says if the FPRS goes bad it wont run at all..it pulses up to 20psi of fuel pressure now idiling..boost a pump was set to maximum by fastlane for tuning and left there..BAP is only used under wide open throttle so ..

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Pump may still be bad even though its priming. I had it happen to me , not on the cobra , but I had old 86 mustang fuel pump gone bad it didn't completly stop working just wouldn't put out more then 20-30 pounds of pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread