low 12's on motor??

4camwonder

Established Member
i know it possible, but ive got minor bolt ons, and i want to go low 12's maybe even 11.99 with just suspension and 4.10 gear. let me know what you think. ive got a pretty good idea, i just want to see how far i can take it without the spray.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You won't get there with a 4.10 gear. You'll need nothing less than 4.56s unless you do some serious weight reduction.

Minor bolt-ons??? Are there major bolt-os? You will need "all" the bolt-ons to get there even with 4.56s. Not the cheap bolt-ons either, good quality, power producing parts that have some value.

u n v kenny

Established Member
subrames, headers, suspension (not just eibach springs), 4:56's, DR's, no back seats, no booming system in the trunk, intake, etc...

4camwonder

Established Member
u n v kenny said:
subrames, headers, suspension (not just eibach springs), 4:56's, DR's, no back seats, no booming system in the trunk, intake, etc...

im going to a full race suspension, qa1 stuff for the front, and most likely MM for the rear. it'll have slicks and a built rearby the time it has suspension. and i dont want to go to a steeper gear just because i will be spraying it soon afterwards.

it has rear seat delete, and ill be takeing out the passenger seat, along with all the stuff in the trunk.

as far as mods, as of now its got 4.10 gears, BBK tb, BBK cai, march underdrive pully, no cats, flows. it will probally get longtubes in the next month, since ive got to put a new trans in it, and im going to take out the SPEC stage 1 i just put in, and go with a stage 2.

crystal_SVT

Established Member
4camwonder said:
im going to a full race suspension, qa1 stuff for the front, and most likely MM for the rear. it'll have slicks and a built rearby the time it has suspension. and i dont want to go to a steeper gear just because i will be spraying it soon afterwards.

it has rear seat delete, and ill be takeing out the passenger seat, along with all the stuff in the trunk.

as far as mods, as of now its got 4.10 gears, BBK tb, BBK cai, march underdrive pully, no cats, flows. it will probally get longtubes in the next month, since ive got to put a new trans in it, and im going to take out the SPEC stage 1 i just put in, and go with a stage 2.

well the TB an BBK cai really isnt doin a thing for you honestly... if you want a good cai go with jlt to make the most power. so basicly the only good power mod u have is the pullies. now u need a ported intake, long tubes, steeper gears (i think u could doit with 4.30's possibly), sticky tires, good suspension and drive the crap out of it u could see mid to low 12's.

4camwonder

Established Member
crystal_SVT said:
well the TB an BBK cai really isnt doin a thing for you honestly... if you want a good cai go with jlt to make the most power. so basicly the only good power mod u have is the pullies. now u need a ported intake, long tubes, steeper gears (i think u could doit with 4.30's possibly), sticky tires, good suspension and drive the crap out of it u could see mid to low 12's.

yea i know, the guy i bought it from put those on, and he said he only did it cause he got the stuff for dirt.

right now the cars been 13.4 at 105 in full street trim, with a 2.2 60ft. im thinking with tires it might go 13.1. i think with the weight down around 3k with me in it, and 60ft times in the 1.6 range, it would go low 12's. thats what im hopeing for anyway.

and on that HCI question, im not trying to go that route right now, because im building another engine for the car.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
12's on motor

4camwonder said:
yea i know, the guy i bought it from put those on, and he said he only did it cause he got the stuff for dirt.

right now the cars been 13.4 at 105 in full street trim, with a 2.2 60ft. im thinking with tires it might go 13.1. i think with the weight down around 3k with me in it, and 60ft times in the 1.6 range, it would go low 12's. thats what im hopeing for anyway.

and on that HCI question, im not trying to go that route right now, because im building another engine for the car.

Let me drive yor car and it will go 12.5s all day long :rockon: With only your mods a 4.56 gear and slicks.You got the power you just need to put it to the ground.Get a adjustable clutch and run it slightly on the tight side.Check out my sig and watch my video all passes on motor and with a stick shift at 3300lbs w/driver.Keep us post on the progress.BTW your ride is nice I like those years I got and old fox and I love it.

4camwonder

Established Member
experiment626 said:
Let me drive yor car and it will go 12.5s all day long :rockon: With only your mods a 4.56 gear and slicks.You got the power you just need to put it to the ground.Get a adjustable clutch and run it slightly on the tight side.Check out my sig and watch my video all passes on motor and with a stick shift at 3300lbs w/driver.Keep us post on the progress.BTW your ride is nice I like those years I got and old fox and I love it.

you drive alot like me, and thats most likely why my t45 took a shit. everyone keeps saying to up the gear, but im not going to just because this car will be on the spray also, i just want to get into the low low 12's without it, that way hopefully 100 shot will give me mid 11's. im going to try and do it without the gear change, but try is the key word.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
It definately needs 4.56's, and while you're in there, get a 31-spline truck differential and some Moser axles. Then do a bunch of wieght reduction (bumper supports, the works), add some longtubes and maybe a short-runner intake manifold. A guy here in STL just ran 11.99 making just over 300rwhp. As far as suspension, get a tubular K-member and A-arms for the front with Strange 10-ways and a coilover setup, and in the back get some drag springs and uppers/lowers and some Strange 10-ways. Subframe connectors will be good to. You also need to buy a driveshaft-loop and some slicks. If you want a little cheap trick, move the battery to the trunk, it'll save wieght up front and put it on the rear wheels. If all that doesn't work, call the fine folks at NX.

4camwonder

Established Member
it will be a daily driver for the most part, untill i find something else that is.

weight is the biggest problem, next to traction. but we'll see how it goes.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
4camwonder said:
and i dont want to go to a steeper gear just because i will be spraying it soon afterwards.

more reason for more gear.

gear. tires. nitrous. in that order.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
not a chance in hell on 4.10s.

with your mods, a mid to high 12 is your best chance, and thats if you drive it well.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
When I was running with full weight (except spare tire and jack), all the bolt-ons, 4.10's and 17" nittos I went [email protected] so 12.4's is possible with slicks and 4.10's. But to run a 12.0 or 12.1 you need steeper gearing. -Mark

Users who are viewing this thread