Loving my 93 Race tune from AmericanMuscle & Bama

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I will also agree with AMChrisRose. I just recieved my airaid cai, and BAMA tune. I went with the 91 octane race tune. And the car is totally different from stock. It is a monster. and that is with 3:31 gears. I bought 3:73 gears, but don't have them in yet. I am however, going to call AM and have them upgrade my 91 octane tune to a 93 octane tune. But, I have no complaints what so ever. Way to go AM BAMA tuning.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
As a AmericanMuscle customer, I have to agree with Chris. Do i think i can go to a shop and get more rwhp and torque from a custom dyno tune? Yes! But is it worth the extra cost of the proprietary tune cost + dyno time? For me no. I have no other mods other than tune. so even if the shop can squeeze out 10 more rwhp, at what cost?

With the number of units and tune American Muscle is selling, and the only mod being their tune, and if my engine blows up, i am sure they would try to research the situation to avoid bad press. And they have much more to lose if i post this on a forum, than my local tuning shop.

If i had a lot more mods, like supercharger, cnc ported heads, cams, etc etc, and i was racing, of course a custom tune is in order.

But for unlimited lifetime tunes for whatever mods Bama/AM will sell support, that is a pretty economically friendly proposition! The 93 Race tune works so well I have opted to tone it down a notch and use 93 Performance for daily driving for now.

texaswrx

Established Member
I also ordered the Airaid CAI and Tuner combo. It arrived in about 4 days, well packed, and am email prior stating it had shipped. No complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread