Loving my 93 Race tune from AmericanMuscle & Bama

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
Took 15 min max. Most of the time i was just sitting there waiting for the upload and download. How easy! this is a must do mod if you own a 5.0 and are still stock.

Before i did this install, the only mod I had was a rubber/plastic trunk liner

it feels like the car is angry, looking for excuses to take down camaro's and m3's, or anything south of a supercar.

No idle surging, no check engine light. I repeat, this is a must do mod for any 5.0 owner, especially if you plan to stay stock. Just change the tune back to stock before a dealer visit.

There really are no pics to post since this is all software. I also disable skip shift on all programs. I never hated skip shift, but i dont miss it either.

Next week more parts are going on:

1. Ford Racing Sport Axle back. Part # M-5230-MGTLA (11lbs saved per muffler from stock GT)
2. Ford Racing Clamp On X-Pipe. Part # M-5251-MGTA (uses Ford factory cats and will pass emissions)
3. Barton Short shifter
4. K&N replacement drop in filter: K&N 33-2431

ex7890.jpg

mustangtuning_2143_205625181

445_500_csupload_27508356.jpg

51PlpukjYEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
I hear ya , I have an Auto w 93 bama/Race, Airaid, Lethal Off-Road X, and 3.73's. Friggin Beast now, mainly from the Tune. Honestly More fun to drive than the 650rwhp GT500 I sold Late last year, can't keep my foot out of it.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I hear ya , I have an Auto w 93 bama/Race, Airaid, Lethal Off-Road X, and 3.73's. Friggin Beast now, mainly from the Tune. Honestly More fun to drive than the 650rwhp GT500 I sold Late last year, can't keep my foot out of it.

Interesting you feel this way about the 650rwhp gt500. Is it the power to weight ratio and GT being lighter? Or was the 650rwhp just too insane to enjoy?

1sweetazzGT500

Established Member
Couple of things, yeah 650 to the Wheels is a Lot for the Street, the whole "Shelby Thing"=being paranoid to really drive it anywhere etc.., only put 3500 miles on Her after 3 years, and the 5.0 High Revving N/A Motor is a BLAST to Drive with the Mods I have. A Tune is an Absolute must with the Auto I say, I LOVE to see the Tach Flash Red as she's screaming down the road at Redline lol (w/joy).

P.S. These cars are Great "Sleepers" for the unsuspecting fagmaro or Dog, um I mean dodge.

lsp408

Established Member
I just switch from 93 performance tune to 93 race tune. What a hugh different.

According to their website, 93 race tune not recommended for daily driver. the reason for that just simply the car may jump out of hole and spin tires easily.

so is not like it put lots of timing to the motor. unless someone here have other opinion, I would probably leave race tune in the car.

kingnut

Established Member
term nj by any chance did you dyno before and after the flash?

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
term nj by any chance did you dyno before and after the flash?

I did not dyno since i figure all tunes from most companies will be very close in performance gains. And I wasnt worried about AmericanMuscle Bama tunes since they have sold so many and offer pretty good support.

Their website advertises "Avg. HP gain on a stock Mustang with 91 Octane = 22 HP" So with 93 octane its prob a little more.

bull3441

Established Member
you should go to a tuner and put the car n the dyno. Bama tunes are some of the worst tunes out there. i've seen first hand at dyno days, Bama tunes are very lean up top. just have it checked. pay for a few pulls, you never know. always pro-tune over a mail tune.

F2kmech

Established Member
I went from a 93 Race to the 93 Perf and really enjoy the midrange torque. Had Bama give me the throttle response of the Race and put it in the Perf tune. Made the Perf much better.

Itsdafiveoh

Established Member
you should go to a tuner and put the car n the dyno. Bama tunes are some of the worst tunes out there. i've seen first hand at dyno days, Bama tunes are very lean up top. just have it checked. pay for a few pulls, you never know. always pro-tune over a mail tune.

Why don't you post proof of this, otherwise its hearsay.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I just tried performance 93 octane. Pretty good tune as well. Less extreme on throttle response. This might become my daily driver tune.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member

Oh, well that does it. I'm not even going to consider them anymore. :bored:

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
The Bama tune in my 07 felt so much more responsive down low compared to the Bama tune in the 5.0. I am going from 4.10s in the 07 to 3.73 in the 5.0 so it could just be me.

Anyone else have a similar issue as mine.BTW I ran the 93 race tune in both cars.

AMChrisRose

This is a joke. Please post proof.

Thats absolutely ridiculous. We are SCT's highest volume dealer and do more custom tunes than any other shop out there, period. We've got tunes for nitrous, cams, intake manifolds, superchargers, you name it. All of our stuff is done in-house here, where we research and develop on an in-house Dynojet 224xLC. We have an AFM1000, Dynojet wideband commander, Ford OEM IDS datalogging unit, and have done thousands of countless hours of tuning. Between myself and Mike Wilson we have tuned more 05+ Mustangs than any other aftermarket tuning company. That assumption of bama tunes being "the worst out there" is absolutely crazy. It's nuts because if you go over to a place like AllFordMustangs.com or MustangForums.com or TheMustangSource.com, all you see is nothing but positive reviews of our work. Search the word Bama and you'll literally have 3 days worth of reading material if you can sit there for 72 straight hours. Here's a 50 page thread purely about us to start with: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/260386-am-bama-sct-tune-thread.html

I've been tuning modular Mustangs for over 7 years and Mike Wilson for over 10. We're both SCT certified, certified by Greg Banish, Dynojet certified, etc. We've both operated large Mustang-specific dyno shops for years and know the parts inside and out. Because we've tuned so many Mustangs, our database is full of literally everything you can think of and there's nothing off-hand that I or he haven't tuned. And because of the high volume of mail order tunes that Bama sends out we are consistently receiving hundreds of dyno sheets a week proving that our tunes work. I would be glad to put our tunes up against any other mail order tune in the industry, and about 90% of the dyno tunes out there. I'm very confident of our work, and it gets under my skin when someone has something negative to say about Bama with no grounds.

We have a full team of calibrators who you can speak to at any time without having to go through a middle man. You'll be able to talk to the team of individuals responsible for writing your tune files. They're constantly R&Ding new products, as well as Q&A testing our current calibrations with exclusive access to our more than 165,000 square feet of nothing but Mustang-specific products. They have a Dynojet 224xLC and top-level SCT access right here in the building also at their disposal. We have numerous lab quality widebands including AFM1000, Dynojet WB Commander, Innovate and more. They have Ford IDS units as well as other OE quality testing equipment that allows them to dial in precision custom tunes whether or not all datalogging parameters are working with SCT, Diablo, etc. We also offer Diablo tuning, as a side note.

Not only are we dyno testing our products and calibrations (because every company SHOULD be doing that), you can also find us around the streets of Malvern, PA testing our vehicles for accuracy in real conditions, including datalogging. On top of that, our stuff is track proven as well.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdvDHHaxTu4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Stock vs. Bama Tuned Track Results - 2011 Mustang 3.7L V6[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHqyHOsvyMY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Runs 10.93 @ 125 MPH American Muscle[/nomedia]

All of our Street, Performance and Race calibrations are tested for months on multiple vehicles. The company owns 9 Mustangs from different generations including a 2011 V6, 2011 GT, 2011 GT500, 2007 GT, 2006 V6, and numerous 79-04s. On top of that, we have a staff of over 140 with most of them being Mustang enthusiasts and owners. We are constantly testing our products and tunes on employee vehicles as well.

If you have absolutely any questions whatsoever, please feel free to reply. If you want to get ahold of Bama directly, feel free to give them a shout. They're here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764!

texaswrx

Established Member
This is a joke. Please post proof.

Thats absolutely ridiculous. We are SCT's highest volume dealer and do more custom tunes than any other shop out there, period. We've got tunes for nitrous, cams, intake manifolds, superchargers, you name it. All of our stuff is done in-house here, where we research and develop on an in-house Dynojet 224xLC. We have an AFM1000, Dynojet wideband commander, Ford OEM IDS datalogging unit, and have done thousands of countless hours of tuning. Between myself and Mike Wilson we have tuned more 05+ Mustangs than any other aftermarket tuning company. That assumption of bama tunes being "the worst out there" is absolutely crazy. It's nuts because if you go over to a place like AllFordMustangs.com or MustangForums.com or TheMustangSource.com, all you see is nothing but positive reviews of our work. Search the word Bama and you'll literally have 3 days worth of reading material if you can sit there for 72 straight hours. Here's a 50 page thread purely about us to start with: The AM/BAMA/SCT Tune Thread - Ford Mustang Forums

I've been tuning modular Mustangs for over 7 years and Mike Wilson for over 10. We're both SCT certified, certified by Greg Banish, Dynojet certified, etc. We've both operated large Mustang-specific dyno shops for years and know the parts inside and out. Because we've tuned so many Mustangs, our database is full of literally everything you can think of and there's nothing off-hand that I or he haven't tuned. And because of the high volume of mail order tunes that Bama sends out we are consistently receiving hundreds of dyno sheets a week proving that our tunes work. I would be glad to put our tunes up against any other mail order tune in the industry, and about 90% of the dyno tunes out there. I'm very confident of our work, and it gets under my skin when someone has something negative to say about Bama with no grounds.

We have a full team of calibrators who you can speak to at any time without having to go through a middle man. You'll be able to talk to the team of individuals responsible for writing your tune files. They're constantly R&Ding new products, as well as Q&A testing our current calibrations with exclusive access to our more than 165,000 square feet of nothing but Mustang-specific products. They have a Dynojet 224xLC and top-level SCT access right here in the building also at their disposal. We have numerous lab quality widebands including AFM1000, Dynojet WB Commander, Innovate and more. They have Ford IDS units as well as other OE quality testing equipment that allows them to dial in precision custom tunes whether or not all datalogging parameters are working with SCT, Diablo, etc. We also offer Diablo tuning, as a side note.

Not only are we dyno testing our products and calibrations (because every company SHOULD be doing that), you can also find us around the streets of Malvern, PA testing our vehicles for accuracy in real conditions, including datalogging. On top of that, our stuff is track proven as well.

YouTube - Stock vs. Bama Tuned Track Results - 2011 Mustang 3.7L V6

YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Runs 10.93 @ 125 MPH American Muscle

All of our Street, Performance and Race calibrations are tested for months on multiple vehicles. The company owns 9 Mustangs from different generations including a 2011 V6, 2011 GT, 2011 GT500, 2007 GT, 2006 V6, and numerous 79-04s. On top of that, we have a staff of over 140 with most of them being Mustang enthusiasts and owners. We are constantly testing our products and tunes on employee vehicles as well.

If you have absolutely any questions whatsoever, please feel free to reply. If you want to get ahold of Bama directly, feel free to give them a shout. They're here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764!

Well said. After researching for over two months, I went with AM / BAMA tuning for 2011 GT Auto. I have been very happy so far with my 93R tune. All questions have been answered when I called. Poster needs to show proof, as I have found nothing like that mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread