!^%$@*# Lovebugs!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
02 Z06 said:
they actually have very fragile bodies. its near impossible to catch them without maming or killing them. thier guts will do a serious number on your clearcoat if you leave them on.

They sure will. Please get a Colgan Custom bra & protect the front the next time you take it out on the freeway... ! :beer:

qurtrn10

Established Member
I'm leaving from Jax to Brandon Tuesday and coming back Wednesday. That's what my little silver turd ('01 Hyundai Accent) is for!

mrose75

Established Member
I remember those things when I lived in Louisiana!!! I hate those f*ckers, too!!!

95 5OH

Established Member
johnkn said:
One thing you can do to keep them out of your radiator and intercooler is to get some plastic (?) screen like you would use on a screen door, cut it to fit, and attached it at the top of the radiator and intercooler with a couple pieces of adhasive-backed velcro. Then periodically remove and clean it. Good luck..

Yeah I use screen in front of the radiator on all my cars because of those damn hate bugs. I wax the front, hood, top, and mirrors every week (I think it helps). :shrug:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Yep I live in Florida too. What a pain in the ass these things are. They do a number on your paint if you dont get them off right away

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
A lil WD-40 on the front and they come off...Works well for rubber at the track too.

Just before u got out if ur gonna drive for any distance, put some WD40 lightly and they will wash right off.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I hated those things when I lived in Florida. I went on a trip from Pensacola to Orlando with this girl and she got all mad when I kept cleaning the bugs off. She couldn't understand why I was so worried about em and my paint. Glad I don't have to deal with them anymore up here in ATL

Users who are viewing this thread