Love it or hate it, my "custom" muffler bypass

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Either way lets be honest axlebacks do nothing for power and only create more sound doesn't that make it ricey as well according to you?

RFM50

Established Member
Wow people need to learn to show more respect on forums these days. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you can be respectful about it. If you don't like it than don't do it but don't talk shit about it.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Hah, that sounds pretty damn good! Nobody is going to see it, so why all the comments on it being "rice?" Looks stock, sounds much better.

I have a set of stockers doing nothing but gather dust.....

Mike

01bluesnake

Established Member
I think it sounds good. Would i drive around with holes drilled in my mufflers, in my opinion no. I'm not a big fan of the stock mufflers look, that alone is worth a upgrade. I chose GT500 mufflers, relatively cheap around $200 used. You can have a good sound, and look. I give you Kudo's for doing it. A person can do whatever they want with their car, its theirs.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Pretty cool idea. Wish I had seen this before I dropped the $$ on the Pypes AB that I'm trying to unload now.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Doesn't sound bad, props. Would I do this to my brand new car? No way! Way to try something different though.

Last edited:

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
LOL, this page has turned out to be a good read.

Stang8psi: Your opinion is your opinion. If you dont like it, that's cool. I could care less honestly. The majority of the people seem to like it regardless of whether or not they will try it. I have always liked to find cheap/free ways to get similar results that others pay big $ to get. Mission accomplished. Also I have seen WAY more "redneck" things for these car FROM THE MANUFACTURER/aftermarket. How about the sound tube, double sided tap stick on body accents, people cutting their stock springs(pre 05 mustangs), fake heat extractor hoods(03-04 cobras and the 13' mustangs) the list goes on. These mufflers are worth precisely $0 and do nothing but find themselves in the trash once removed. Also, I had another set of stock mufflers waiting in the wings just in case this mod failed and sounded like shit. It didn't, it sounds GREAT, and I unlike you have a great sounding car without the "investment" of $350+ dollars. So Truebluedevil-1, you-0.

1 more thing, since when did a Mustang GT become so high and mighty? OOOOHHH, a $30K car, dear sweet baby Jesus, wrap it in bubble wrap and stick it in a box, God forbid a MUSTANG...GT gets altered without the use of super expensive parts. Jesus, you act like these cars are something special, well guess what, ITS A MUSTANG GT, not a cobra, not a shelby, not a saleen, or Roush, its a, say it with me....GT. Moving on.

Everyone else: I actually didn't expect to get such a positive reaction and for that I am grateful. I guess when you get right down to it its people that do things like this that come up with a lot of the aftermarket things we get to enjoy putting on our cars. If what I have done can help someone on a budget get a little more enjoyment out of their car then mission accomplished. That's all I wanted in the first place. To me it sounded so good and was so simple that I had to post it up. Thanks again, to those who try this mod, PM me and let me know what you think:beer:

FYI the "heat extractor hoods" are actually functional on the gt's. Not sure on the v6 mustangs though.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
I like you ingenuity! Redneck? Maybe a little.

My hood mat doesn't cover my hood vents. Just sayin'

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I like you ingenuity! Redneck? Maybe a little.

My hood mat doesn't cover my hood vents. Just sayin'

Mine did. The engine blanket covered all but about 1/2 n inch of the side of the vent. I simply took a razor blade and cut around the edge of the vent to open it up. It looks factory and now the vents REALLY work.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Mine did. The engine blanket covered all but about 1/2 n inch of the side of the vent. I simply took a razor blade and cut around the edge of the vent to open it up. It looks factory and now the vents REALLY work.
Actually the mat sits below the vents to catch water and drain it properly.(or improperly) The heat has to make a turn to get out, but the vents are by no means covered.

terminal5

Established Member
I would be a little concerned about fumes getting into the cabin and the structural integrity of the exhaust system, since it is only supported at the mufflers and header flange.

How about drilling holes in the chamber separator plates through the tip hole instead?

whatwhine

Established Member
I think it sounds good OP. I can understand all the talk about it tho. But it is just a Mustang. The most popular muscle car. Don't feel bad about drilling the stockers, no one wants them or cares about them. Keep working on making it the way you want it; thats the opinion that matters most sir!

Users who are viewing this thread