Love it or hate it, my "custom" muffler bypass

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
FREE Mustang GT "coyote" muffler bypass - YouTube

SO I have been wanting to get ride of the stock mufflers for something that makes the car NOT sound like a Prius. I am also saving money to move next month so funds are on hold for now. Thanks to a certain member on here whom I helped work on his car last weekend, I got the itch to do something to the car. This was what I chose to do and honestly, I LOVE IT. You dont get a ridiculously loud racket like many muffler deletes. With the factory cats and resonators still on the car it just works. So love it or hate it, this is what $0 and 30 minutes will get you. Instructions are in the video description for those interested.

P.S. someone(perhaps a mod) can you please imbed this for me? Thank you.

Update: In car footage, as requested and pictures on post #24.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8J_RBIaNk

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
sounds good bro

[youtube_browser]s8tzYsXWRR4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
It sounds ok surprisingly, what about driving in the rain or snow and loading the exhaust up with water? Can you take a pic of the area you drilled out?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
It sounds ok surprisingly, what about driving in the rain or snow and loading the exhaust up with water? Can you take a pic of the area you drilled out?

I can get some pics tomorrow. I'm not worried about water. The holes are on the bottom of the pipe so it will drain right out, what doesn't get blown out.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Doesn't sound too bad, but I would rather hear it in person. My GT500s sound better in person than they did on video, and I loved the sound on video. :D

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I'm gonna go with inventive and creative, but far from ghetto. Good work for those that want to stay stock. Now if only we could find someone with GT500's willing to do this

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'm gonna go with inventive and creative, but far from ghetto. Good work for those that want to stay stock. Now if only we could find someone with GT500's willing to do this
I have GT500s. If you want to drill mine, you can buy me new ones if I don't like them and you do. :-D

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
thanks guys. They actaully sounds very close to the video. If anything the video is a little on the quiet side and they are a little deeper in person. I will get pics when I get off work this evening and post them up.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
OP, just for the help of other considering this, and the YouTube searchers out there, a couple of ride along clips at different speeds would be a huge plus. It would show different "sides" of how it sounds.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Not too shabby! How about at 60-80 on the highway? Any drone?

THe road noise is louder than the exhaust at 65-75mph(with the windows up).

OP, just for the help of other considering this, and the YouTube searchers out there, a couple of ride along clips at different speeds would be a huge plus. It would show different "sides" of how it sounds.

I already have some of those videos with the camera on the dash, I just didnt have enough time to edit them last night. They also seem very loud, louder than the car actually is:shrug:. My best guess is the confines of the cab make the camera pick up extra sound or something, who knows. But I will have them put into a video and added this weekend. Also, I will be going to a meet this evening so maybe I can get someone to video my car while driving around and maybe doing some rolling flyby's.

Users who are viewing this thread