Love it or hate it, my "custom" muffler bypass

2012GTCS

Established Member
Hey, it actually sounds good pretty good on video. If you like it, that's all that matters....but with that said...

This is a forum, people have opinions. When people have the balls to say they dislike it and say what's on their mind, people get their panties twisted (not talking about any one person).

Also, kind of confused....you said you had no money to mod. However, you are putting a SC on in a few months??? $350 exhaust vs $6000 SC kit.:shrug::??: What if the motor goes with the SC? Your looking at 15 grand including the SC

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I think it is the concept that bothers people. However, few are arguing with the end result and the sound. Sure, it is kinda ghetto/ricey/redneck, etc. to drill holes in your exhaust. Still, nobody is going to see it, they are only going to hear it....and it sounds good to my ears. Hey, you could have installed $500 worth of electric cutouts and had a similar result. I am sure you would be getting praised for that mod. LOL.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Hey, it actually sounds good pretty good on video. If you like it, that's all that matters....but with that said...

This is a forum, people have opinions. When people have the balls to say they dislike it and say what's on their mind, people get their panties twisted (not talking about any one person).

Also, kind of confused....you said you had no money to mod. However, you are putting a SC on in a few months??? $350 exhaust vs $6000 SC kit.:shrug::??: What if the motor goes with the SC? Your looking at 15 grand including the SC

i was thinking the same. priorities seem to be mixed up?

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I think it is the concept that bothers people. However, few are arguing with the end result and the sound. Sure, it is kinda ghetto/ricey/redneck, etc. to drill holes in your exhaust. Still, nobody is going to see it, they are only going to hear it....and it sounds good to my ears. Hey, you could have installed $500 worth of electric cutouts and had a similar result. I am sure you would be getting praised for that mod. LOL.

i think alot of it is the concept. its not my car, so i could careless how many holes are in the exhaust.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member

First, I am not angry or defensive about people saying it is redneck or whatever. Honestly I was expecting MUCH more negative feedback than what I have gotten so I am actually happy about the responce. I also dont think it takes balls to speak your mind while hiding behind a keybored, If anything I think it takes more ball for someone to do what I did and post it on a site like this since 50% of the population of this site are assholes, lol. I fear no keybored warriors, and simply thought this would be an interesting venture that could save someone a bit of money, thats all.

Priorities are not mixed up. I said in the original post that I am moving and so I am not spending any money on mods for the next month or so. This was just an experiment.

The blower is from tax returns and the motor blowing is not a worry for me. I seriously doubt I need to worry about that, but if it does blow, I can afford to fix it. I would simply rather spend money on go fast parts and wheels/tires than $700 on mufflers at this point in time. Why spend money when you get get it for free:beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
First, I am not angry or defensive about people saying it is redneck or whatever. Honestly I was expecting MUCH more negative feedback than what I have gotten so I am actually happy about the responce. I also dont think it takes balls to speak your mind while hiding behind a keybored, If anything I think it takes more ball for someone to do what I did and post it on a site like this since 50% of the population of this site are assholes, lol. I fear no keybored warriors, and simply thought this would be an interesting venture that could save someone a bit of money, thats all.

Priorities are not mixed up. I said in the original post that I am moving and so I am not spending any money on mods for the next month or so. This was just an experiment.

The blower is from tax returns and the motor blowing is not a worry for me. I seriously doubt I need to worry about that, but if it does blow, I can afford to fix it. I would simply rather spend money on go fast parts and wheels/tires than $700 on mufflers at this point in time. Why spend money when you get get it for free:beer:

THIS FTMFW!!! 700 can get you a nice suspension drop + more! id like to throw some exhaust tape on and cover a couple of holes up and see if it help any with toning mine down a bit, its a great mod for 30 minutes of you time with a drill, 1/2 drill bit and a few beers and bravery :beer:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
THIS FTMFW!!! 700 can get you a nice suspension drop + more! id like to throw some exhaust tape on and cover a couple of holes up and see if it help any with toning mine down a bit, its a great mod for 30 minutes of you time with a drill, 1/2 drill bit and a few beers and bravery :beer:

:lol: Did you take the mufflers off the car before drilling or did you drill when them still mounted? I pulled mine off since I didnt feel like eating a ton of metal shavings.

ViciousJay

Established Member
:lol: Did you take the mufflers off the car before drilling or did you drill when them still mounted? I pulled mine off since I didnt feel like eating a ton of metal shavings.

i had them sitting in the basement already, i just went down there with a drill and went to town

Tubra

Established Member
Amazing!!! I'm getting a set of junk GT take-offs to do this. Even my MOM thinks it's great. Mom always knows best right?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
i had them sitting in the basement already, i just went down there with a drill and went to town
So did you replace the GT500s with drilled out GT mufflers now?

Also, if there is anyone out there looking for a set of GT mufflers to do this mod, I have my stock mufflers in my garage with 1100 miles on them. :D

ViciousJay

Established Member
So did you replace the GT500s with drilled out GT mufflers now?

Also, if there is anyone out there looking for a set of GT mufflers to do this mod, I have my stock mufflers in my garage with 1100 miles on them. :D

no i put the gt500 back on cuz with the resonators removed it made it ****ing loud, to anyone whos gonna do this mod start with 4 holes and its not loud enough then to 2 more till happy

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Ok, I did it. 4 holes on each, same spot. Honestly, I was not expecting that much sound. Muffler deletes must be over the top if this is any indication. The sound is not bad. It's not pure sex like bassani on my old 04 cobra, but it's better than I expected. No drone on the highway, either. Oh, and for those worried about structural rigidity, you can sleep easy tonight. It was some tough drilling. I jacked the rear up and drilled rather than taking them off. The next guy should try two or three holes and see what happens. I'm wondering if the tone/volume changes a whole lot with each one.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Truebluedevil02, your the Man. Sorry to revive a very old thread, but... I've been on the fence on which direction to go exhaust wise. After using my SEARCH button for a while I came across this gem. So I picked up a $14 stepped drill bit and only did 3 holes per side. Totally transformed the stock exhaust sound for basically free. Exhaust parts vendors and the typical Lemmings will not want to hear this. Sorry :). It sounds like a 2 chambered muffler at idle and dry revs and a straight through muffler (borla/maggie etc.) under acceleration. No drone at all. Is it perfect...? No, but for a very simple and easy to do modification I would say it's priceless. For those that maybe don't want to make a $600 bad decision. Happy Modding.

Users who are viewing this thread