Louisiana Dyno-Tune Day (Amazon Tunes)

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Anyone with Rick's tune (Amazon Tuning Solutions) that needs to have their Car dynoed, please post and let me know. There needs to be some arrangements made to where we have at LEAST 6 people with Rick's tune.
Need suggestions on location, time, and quite a few people are needed. I can get about 2 or 3 other people including me. This can also be an opportunity to have a Custom Chassis dyno tune for your mustang or vehicle as well. Ricks tune runs $125 for the tune and how ever much a reservation for the dyno will cost...no more than $150 a person. Since this will be a dyno day, it might be much cheaper, but don't hold me to it. Also Linn wants to have a chance to come down here to visit her brother who lives in Gonzales, LA so that will be cool...
:rockon: Thanks and I hope that this will work out! :beer:

Lt.FrankBullitt

Established Member
Maybe a Mardi Gras...we will be working starting this weekend straight through the season so if it could be planned after the season is over my chances of being off go up

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Lt.FrankBullitt said:
neither.....I have a mail order tune so I am interested in a custom tune or Rick's tune as I assume he must be good
Yes, Rick's tune is very good
You will see Hp/torque gains, better gas mileage, the car will run a whole lot better and i could go on. But yeah we definately need to make an appoint to get to the dyno to get a few pulls.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
I'm in North West LA and I know where there is a chassis dyno...Some of our car club members have one...Let me see if I could arrange something with them...

04cobracop

Established Member
Screamin Cobra,

If you are looking for a chassis dyno, 454Dyno in New Orleans, La has one. The owner is AJ, who is a very cool guy. Give him a call at 1-504-454-3966, maybe he can work out a price for all of you guys. Just tell him the silver 04' cobra guy from Thibodaux sent you!!!LOL.

acatalon

Established Member
Thunder Racing in Baton Rouge off of Airline hwy has been a favorite spot for dyno work....WWW.Thunderracing.com> Might givem a call and see if they are interested in hosting this.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Last time we looked at doing this I called thunder.
Then it was basicly $500 for the day.

I won't be in on this one, I already got a tune from Vince and it's doing fine.

acatalon

Established Member
If you have any doubt about Rick's work go to www.amazonracing.com and click the Amazon Race Team tab...he is featuring my brother's Cobra and mine also..those numbers were gotten here in south La. Its well worth the money to get the most out of your ride! How many Cobra's do you hear of running 10.53 with only an upper pulley as a boost mod? 10.53 was gotten 2-11-06 at NPR. I'm still trying to get to 10.99 with a full weight car, could have been there, but I want to do it full weight, IRS and 6speed.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I know rick is great, been to Amazons site many times, We looked at doing this before, I'm just happy whith what I have from Vince. Numbers aren't everything to me, I needed it a little rich and a few other things adjusted.

I run more road course than drag strip.
However that is changing and I'm starting to go back to 1/4 mile.
I may think on this and get in.
How many do we need and what's the cost will be a factor.

Keep me posted.

acatalon

Established Member
I am trying to convince those who are nervous or otherwise sitting on the fence about whether its a good idea or not. This opportunity to have one of the premier tuners in the country come to our area and tune your vehicle on the dyno isn't something you want to pass up. Not trying to be a cheerleaderer or anything along those lines, but it deserves serious consideration,he does all types of vehicles gas and diesels....

Users who are viewing this thread