Loudest Possible Exhaust System Combination

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
The excuse of "Harley Davidsons are just as loud" seems to be a great excuse. Been with my buddy both times he has been pulled over and always said, "Sir with all due respect, Harley Davidsons are just as loud and they don't get pulled over." Worked both times out of a ticket. But he usually chooses his words wisely.

Zemedici

Established Member
The excuse of "Harley Davidsons are just as loud" seems to be a great excuse. Been with my buddy both times he has been pulled over and always said, "Sir with all due respect, Harley Davidsons are just as loud and they don't get pulled over." Worked both times out of a ticket. But he usually chooses his words wisely.

Why not just push the clutch in while passing a cop like a normal person? My car's loud as sin, but I dont drive around at 6k rpms all the time.

And I'm not sure why the stock manifolds are so much louder, I suppose it has to do with flow and back pressure/restriction of the stock manifolds vs long tubes.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
I think it has to do with the primaries being better tuned. My Stingers were a lot louder with an O/R pipe and stock manifolds then with the mid length headers and O/R pipe.

And I'm not sure why the stock manifolds are so much louder, I suppose it has to do with flow and back pressure/restriction of the stock manifolds vs long tubes.

Sorry to derail this thread... but Thanks for the answers.... I was tempted to switch back to stock manifolds because I wanted that SAME sound I had before.... but kept the LT's..

good luck OP finding the "right" exhaust, as others have said, LOUD doesn't always equal GOOD :)

forged00

Established Member
Obviously open headers is the loudest (I.E. cutouts) but honestly, it sounds like ass on the 4.6s. Long tubes, no cats, and some very free flowing mufflers. SLP LM1s are definitely loud, but everyone has them. I personally have spintechs, and absolutely love them. My car is obnoxious as f*ck, but it sounds damn good. It doesn't help that I have a massive centrifugal with a 60mm blow off either lol. I can't drive anywhere without turning heads, which is a good thing and a bad thing.

https://vimeo.com/122278392

Users who are viewing this thread