Loudest Possible Exhaust System Combination

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
I would say cutouts right behind the headers would be the loudest in general, but I can't really say anything about your specific car. if you don't want cutouts then straight pipes would be loud, the bigger the pipe the better, not sure if a 3" would fit but it would be loud and deep if you can make it work.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Some full length headers into a 3 inch off-road midpipe into either a no muffler axleback or something like a slp type of race muffler that's a straight through design.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
ticopowell is right, cutouts right behind long tube headers would be the loudest, it wouldn't sound very good though. For a car with exhaust exiting behind the vehicle, the loudest you will get is an off road h/x-pipe and straight pipes. I don't care how much you like loud cars, this setup will DEFINITELY get on your nerves. My car has LT headers, off road Prochamber with SLP Loudmouth 1 "mufflers" and it's still really loud. I like a loud car more than almost anyone out there but it would be too much for me if I had to drive it everyday. Disclaimer, I am 31 though so maybe my sentiments don't hold true for a 20 year old.

Anyway, an exhaust vid of my car below (crappy camera was used)

[youtube_browser]pjsakQUsyxk[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SLPCobra

Established Member
I have lt's, o/r x pipe, and slp lm1's and it is extremely loud
I like it though definitely will wake or drive that one neighbor mad if you want it too!

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
I would say cutouts right behind the headers would be the loudest in general, but I can't really say anything about your specific car. if you don't want cutouts then straight pipes would be loud, the bigger the pipe the better, not sure if a 3" would fit but it would be loud and deep if you can make it work.

How bout a BBK x-pipe w/o converters and a 3" JBA catback?

98_Undertaker

Established Member
Long tubes, off road x, and slp lm1's if you don't care about the tone or quality of sound and just want obnoxious.

starnsey

Established Member
Long tubes, off road x, and slp lm1's if you don't care about the tone or quality of sound and just want obnoxious.

Yup, this is what my car had on it when I bought it and it was absolutely terrible. Loudest shit on the planet and nothing but dirty looks from everyone everywhere. I replaced that shit as quickly as I could. I'd much rather have a sweet sounding exhaust that didn't piss every single person off than being louder than a damn Nascar.

Zemedici

Established Member
Any O/R X with stock manifolds will be extremely loud. LTs seem to tone it down a bit.

I'd go O/R X w/ Stingers.

My car's got an O/R X with bassani and its pretty loud, but has a good tone.

[Youtube_Browser]shMbJv00c0s[/Youtube_Browser]

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Change thread title to "How can I become the most obnoxious car on the road?"

281muscle

Established Member
If you want loud and annoying I'd say Long tubes, o/r x, and slp loudmouth 1 or borla atak. If you want loud and actually want it to have a nice tone I recommend spintech super pro street, borla stingers, or M55 catback (if you can find it) with your choice of o/r midpipe and longtubes.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
Yup, this is what my car had on it when I bought it and it was absolutely terrible. Loudest shit on the planet and nothing but dirty looks from everyone everywhere. I replaced that shit as quickly as I could. I'd much rather have a sweet sounding exhaust that didn't piss every single person off than being louder than a damn Nascar.

Lol. Did you seriously get that many dirty looks? I mean what can be more annoying than a Harley-Davidson?

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
Any O/R X with stock manifolds will be extremely loud. LTs seem to tone it down a bit.

[Youtube_Browser]shMbJv00c0s[/Youtube_Browser]

The 99 cobra I'm looking at has a BBK x pipe without converters and a JBA 3" catback. Ever experienced a JBA?

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The 99 cobra I'm looking at has a BBK x pipe without converters and a JBA 3" catback. Ever experienced a JBA?

No but my car has an OR Bassani X pipe and magnaflow cat-back. It's pretty loud. I wouldn't want anything louder, in fact the older I get I keep thinking about putting a catted pipe on it.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
No but my car has an OR Bassani X pipe and magnaflow cat-back. It's pretty loud. I wouldn't want anything louder, in fact the older I get I keep thinking about putting a catted pipe on it.

Well I'm 20 years old so loudness doesn't bother me. Unfortunately I don't want it too loud to attract cops everyday. That would get old after a while. What's the best excuse if you get pulled over for loud exhaust pipes?

01yellercobra

Established Member
There is no good excuse. If it's loud enough to bother him I doubt he'll care about an excuse. And just because it's loud doesn't mean it sounds good. A guy around here ran an O/R X and muffler delete on his 05. It sounded like ass and we made sure he was all the way in the back during cruises.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member

Why is that?? My 03 cobra had stock manifolds with an O/R X and stingers and sounded perfect.... When I got my 99 cobra it had BBK LT's with an O/R X (same UPR O/R X) and maganaflows, I changed to stingers and figured it would be even louder because of the headers, but it's not....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well I'm 20 years old so loudness doesn't bother me. Unfortunately I don't want it too loud to attract cops everyday. That would get old after a while. What's the best excuse if you get pulled over for loud exhaust pipes?
If it's legal, it's legal. If it's illegal, it's illegal. Pretty simple.

Excuses are weak.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Why is that?? My 03 cobra had stock manifolds with an O/R X and stingers and sounded perfect.... When I got my 99 cobra it had BBK LT's with an O/R X (same UPR O/R X) and maganaflows, I changed to stingers and figured it would be even louder because of the headers, but it's not....

I think it has to do with the primaries being better tuned. My Stingers were a lot louder with an O/R pipe and stock manifolds then with the mid length headers and O/R pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread