loudest catback?

04torchred

Established Member
I think the midpipe you choose is gonna have a huge effect. I mean magnaflows on a stock Cobra or Mach 1 is damn quiet. Add o/r midpipe and LT's and my bro's mach 1(magnaflow catback) is louder then my cobra with Stingers.

They are all pretty close depending on the midpipe you pick, so tough to say. Stingers are not all that loud either, they could be louder in my opinion.

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Hands down, the loudest catback i've heard on an 03/04 Cobra is the SLP LOUDMOUTH 1 + o/r x-pipe combo... a guy i know has this on his cobra and it screams.

stangfreak

Established Member
slp, stingers, and the magnapacks are the loudest with the stock hpipe.

when i had the stock hpipe and stingers, i blew away the maggies and bassani's, and the mac.

then i added a off road prochamber to the stingers and holy crap!! if you want a catback that grabs attention and is stupid loud thats the combo.

i know have MAGNAFLOW as a catback and its almost like driving stock when cruising. ENORMOUS DIFFERENCE

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
stangfreak said:
slp, stingers, and the magnapacks are the loudest with the stock hpipe.

when i had the stock hpipe and stingers, i blew away the maggies and bassani's, and the mac.

then i added a off road prochamber to the stingers and holy crap!! if you want a catback that grabs attention and is stupid loud thats the combo.

i know have MAGNAFLOW as a catback and its almost like driving stock when cruising. ENORMOUS DIFFERENCE
Just wanna say wazuup to my boy from the SVTsnake.com....holla

cdh027

Established Member
stlblack03 said:
Probably a MAC 3"

Please dont tell me that. I just ordered a MAC 3" to go with my MRT catted H. I dont want loud and obnoxious, just old school musclecar sound. Am I screwed ???????

Machinator

Banned
cdh027-2 said:
Please dont tell me that. I just ordered a MAC 3" to go with my MRT catted H. I dont want loud and obnoxious, just old school musclecar sound. Am I screwed ???????

No you should be fine, especially since you have an H-pipe you will have the musclecar sound instead of the raspy scream of an x-pipe.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
im gonna go with the SLP LM1. have you seen the inside of those resonators? there is NO packing what so ever...none. it's just a hollow tube. i just put the LM2 on my car last night...oh man, beutifull. that and the loud whine from the blower scares the hell out of pedestrians..

NateV8

Established Member
Heres the M55 muffler.
m55.jpg

Last edited:

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
NateV8 said:
Heres the M55 muffler.
m55.jpg
Does FRPP sell just the muffler so one could weld it up to replace their muffler from their Magnaflow catback on their GT? :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread