loudest catback?

drksuroo

Established Member
Which catback throughout the RPM range is the loudest with a stock H-pipe? Trying to figure out which one to get. :lol:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I second the Borla Stinger as well.......just installed my Bassani catted X-pipe and OMG.....it's L O U D, kinda "BLATTY" as well. Don't know if I like it just yet, but the next tune will tell the tale if it was money well spent.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Wasnt there a thread on this not too long ago. I believe the bassani's had the highest db level.

Rwick7

Established Member
I've heard MAC, Bassani, and Stinger's on 03's and I really do think the MAC is the loudest...not my a huge margin though

I think the Bassani sounds the best

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
3 inch would be loudest I think. All the other 2 1/2 inch sound almost identical!!! No matter what anyone says, we had three cobras together on the dyno, 2 with Bassani, 1 with Magnaflow, and I've heard a Stinger. They all sound almost identical.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
FRPP is loud, stainless, and inexpensive.
Cito is it an anoying loud or does it sound good. I havent heard anything besides stock so i cant compare. Thanks

Last edited:

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
NOSCobra2001 has an FRPP kit for sale for 290 bucks. Here is the thread:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48432

You can get them elsewhere for low 300's.

There are links to how it sounds on that thread. They are on 99 and 01 Cobras, but the catback sounds essentially the same on my 2003. I think that it sounds much better with an x-pipe. There is a link to a video of my 1999 Cobra convertible with that catback, a cat x-pipe, and FRPP headers. I love the way it sounded. At some point, I want to add an x-pipe to my '03. With the x-pipe and lowering springs, it did ride very low. I blame this partly on the x-pipe, but I also ran 30 series tires.

My wife hates the way it sounds, but most men have good things to say about it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
uhm...i dont know.
Bingo's tried the Stinger & FRPP cat backs. If he thinks that the Stinger is to loud & sticks with the FRPP...that tells me some thing.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread