Loud squeal

Jr Mint

Established Member
So I took my LFP single blade off today and put my accufab t/b on instead...but not the car when you start it makes a little squal noise the entire time...like a loud whistle, but it's coming from the intake side and not the blower...anyone ever have this issue?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Something in my bay has been squealing too. I think it may be my belt. It is fairly new. I also just repaced one of my idler pullies though too. So I'm not exactly sure what it is yet.

Mine goes away after the car gets warm though. Usually only hear it when I start the car and the first couple minutes it's on. Does your squeal ever go away?

Jr Mint

Established Member
I checked all the vaccum lines, don't think that's what it is...here is a clip...
[ame=http://s512.photobucket.com/albums/t327/jrmint03/?action=view&current=M4H00096.flv]
th_M4H00096.jpg
[/ame]

03yellow

Established Member
While it's making the noise go play with the throttle body and make sure it closing all the way.spray some starter fluid around the tb while it's running andsee ifit revs up to check for leak. Or switch it back and see if it still does it.

Last edited:

Jr Mint

Established Member
it doesn't go away ever....and I will try switching back...I'm also thinking it may be because of the sylicone gasket I used...I may try using a paper gasket and see if that helps it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
while it's making the noise go play with the throttle body and make sure it closing all the way.spray some starter fluid around the tb while it's running andsee ifit revs up to check for leak. Or switch it back and see if it still does it.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread