Lost my best friend last night

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Sorry for you're loss:( I just went through the whole ordeal last Wednesday. My lab mix (8 yrs old) had a form of nasal cancer and after 4 months from the diagnosis we had to put her down. It was hard on the Wife and me. We had the vet come to the house because Lexi was always nervous at the vet office. She was the best dog I've had. The pics of you're Lab look just like my parents lab "Spike".
He's pushing 13 years old right now.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
im sorry to hear that bud, i lost my dog about 5 years ago, she just out of no where had this massive tumer on her neck and she couldnt breath so we had to put her down right before christmas, she was 12 years old

B-O-B'03

Established Member
My condolences on your loss, we are on our 5th Lab, chocolate this time and they are the worlds greatest companions.

Everything they do, they do for you and it sucks when they are no longer able to do it.

When they quit smiling and wagging their tails it is a sad day indeed.

Good luck with your next one.

-Brian

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Hang in there, just think of how much better that dog brightened your day for all those years. He wouldn't have lived 15 years if he wasn't just as happy, that's a long time. By the looks of the pics that was an awesome dog.

red04svtcobra

Foxbody search is on!!
Established Member
Sorry about your loss man. It's tough I know. My dad lost 4 greyhounds in a years time. Man was that hard!!! Never forget those memories you had with him but DO remember he couldn't have had a better life!! :banana:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Sorry for your loss man...I feel for ya...Looked like a beautiful dog....Time will heal, just its gonna take some time.....I just lost my Old English Sheepdog this February.....I cried for days...I ended up getting aother Old English Sheepdog puppy about 2 months later... (When I was ready)

Getting the puppy helped a lot.....I was able to focus on her.....

Abby Glen Pet Services (New Jersey) did a nice job with a plaque and rememberence for her. My vet in Old Bridge recommended them....

Stalker27

Established Member
I feel your pain. I was in the same situation a couple years back. I had to put down my 15 year old female Rott.
Absolutely the BEST dog I ever had. I actually took her to the vet & was holding on to her when they put her down.
I couldn't bare the thought of taking her down there & dropping her off. I decided i wasn't going to be selfish & just think about me.

She spent all her life with me & no way could i put her to sleep without me being there. Yeah i was deff balling my eyes out & it hurt for many months not having her around.

Strange how the last years of there life is so good. It's like that's when they truly understand us & really become our friend. Hang in there man

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss. My golden ret. is 2 and i could not imagine what it would be like with out him. We lost our lab that was 8 months old when she jumped the fence and got hit.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear of your loss - I'm sure he was wonderful dog. I've had several dogs and the grief of their loss never gets any easier.

When you feel better, know that your dog would want you to remember him best by sharing your love with another dog. And saving one from an Animal Shelter, and loving him/her as you did this dog, is the greatest honor you can bestow upon him.

Users who are viewing this thread