Lost my best friend last night

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
The day I had dreaded came yesterday. Had to put my lab of almost 15 years down last night. I could not have asked for a better dog, he will be missed.

Pictures642.jpg

Pictures014.jpg

12-30-07003.jpg

And a goofy one with my daughter:

ChoochesonPooches.jpg

ff500

Established Member
Sorry for your loss, I couldn't deal with it when I had to put my Schnauzer down my wife had to bring him.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
sorry to hear that. Losing man's best friend sux.

Couple years ago, I was in a library studying for some finals in college. My buddy was telling me how annoying it was to get calls from his mom, and I just got through telling him my mother only calls when shes going on vaca or somebody died. Well sure enough, they called to tell me they put down my dog, Scoundrel. I had that greyhound for 18 years.

2003 Silver

Banned
15 yrs. is a nice long life for a dog...congrats on a great relationship! Dogs are truely man's best friend. My Golden is going on 12 yrs. come October.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Sorry to here that man a pet truly is a mans best friend some times.
I had to put down my cat after 14 years it is tough.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Enjoy the fond memories of the last 15 years and hopefully youll see him again some day!

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Im sorry bro, I dread the day I have to do this with my dog. I will def shed a few tears when I have to do it.

2l84u

Established Member
Sorry to hear, I lost my dog that I had since i was five, three years ago(currently 18). Then i got a golden a few months after that. About five months after I got the golden it got hit by a car...

Dogs can be better friends then people.

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
Soo sorry to hear that. My dog recently went through treatment for cancer. 15 years is a nice long life, and I'm sure he was spoiled every minute of it.

When the time comes that you feel able to have another dog, look into adopting one from a shelter. Just take a walk through and see if you make a connection with one. I had actually gone to the shelter to rescue a rottweiler mix, but he was extremely agressive. On the way out I saw the cutest german shepherd mix. It wasn't his looks though, every other dog in the shelter was barking..but he was just sitting there with sad eyes. He has been by my side ever since....loving, protecting, and being my best friend.

Try focusing on knowing that you gave him a good life.

MikeW

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your loss man ... hang in there. Looks like an awesome doggie and loyal buddy.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
sorry to hear of your loss.,., :( that breaks my heart just thinking about loosing my lil' budy

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I remember when my family had to do the same thing to our Chocolate Lab... wow was it tough. You gave your dog a great life and thats all they really ask for. Sorry about your loss.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Sorry to here that man a pet truly is a mans best friend some times.
I had to put down my cat after 14 years it is tough.

they die? :dw:
The fiance has two and they have been around atleast 20...

Users who are viewing this thread