Lost all power

TTBEAST

Established Member
Last night i raced a new cobra and i let off at the top of third gear and as soon as i did that my car died...... No lights no nothing. I pulled over and looked at my battery in the trunk and it looked like it slid up againts the sheet metal.. So i thought it grounded its self out... I took the fuse out and hooked it back up and nothing. I have checked everything. I went through all fuses,fuel shut off relay, I do not know what is going on ? Anyone have this happen to them????? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
have you tested the battery? they can go out just like that!
i think your battery just died!!

TTBEAST

Established Member
I had the battery checked but a buddy of mine still told me that it could be the battery. Its real strange i have good juice at the battery but as you go down the frame rail with the power wire the test light gets weaker. This is really strange.

TTBEAST

Established Member
At least i won the race and coasted into a parking lot after the victory. Kind of embarrasing though.

TTBEAST

Established Member
Only sign of power is a faint relay ticking coming from the drivers side kick panel. No juice at all. This sucks...

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
It sounds like a bad connection at wherever you tied in your positive lead from your remote battery. You're sure it's good?

Don't you have another battery you can try just to see if it is that?

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I am not sure how you checked the battery but a volt meter is not going to tell u everything. It may show that u have 12v but after u try to start it the volts may drop way off. You need to load test the battery if you have not done that already. You can buy a load test meter or you can use ur multimeter and have a buddy try to start the car and see what you drop off too. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread