Losing Your Best Friend !

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Man ! This is tough as hell ! It seems kind of wierrd that you could get so attached to a pet. The story is that we own a big farm. We take care of around 200 + acres. We have horses and cows and everything. And my dad when he works on the bulldozer takes my dog Joe up ther to play and run around with the other dogs. ! Well he took him up sunday and the other two dogs came back but joe my dog didn't. Now it's tuesday. My whole family has looked for the last few days. I had to work at 4 and my mom came and told me that he still hasn't came back. So I looked on a 4 wheeler for hrs every inch ! And cannot find him ! My dad put anad in the paper and have a 500 dollar reward which I would gladly pay to have him back ! Almost weird how attached you get to animals ! Have had him for 4 years now and am almost in tears writing this ! :( My sister brought him home as a lil puppy when she found a bunch of kids throwing rocks at him and ever since then he's been the best dog in the world. :( Everytime I would be sick, or come back from a chemo or radiation treatment he would never leave my side and would always lay at my feet. Never had a dog like him before and this crap is tearing me up ! Everytime I would post on this board he would be right within an arms length lying by my feet waiting for me to get home ! All the times I made trips to Lowes, and into town he would ride with me ! :cryying: God I miss him ! :( He was a Blue Heeler mix. Ugliest dog in the world to most but he was the best damn dog i've ever had ! And I'm praying that he comes back ! :(

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Back in 2000 I put my dog down after 14 years. When he was about 7, he was lost for 3 weeks, just gone, not a trace... some times they show up after a really long time. Don't give up too early but know and accept when it's too late. Good luck.

:( :nonono:

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Hold on!!

Hang in their. Its hard they do grow on you?

I had my tail wagger for 9 years now.

More I deal with people the more I like my dog!

Last edited:

nj7703

Established Member
I was upset just reading it, sorry man. Yeah, i for sure am way more attatched to my pets than people. Nothing worse than losing a pet. I just hope somehow you get him back.

Street Racer

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. Did he have a collar with your address or phone # or something in case someone finds him? Dont count him out yet. When i was little we had beagles and my dad used to take them hunting about 15 miles from our house. One day he couldnt find one of the and we looked for days. Then about a week and a half later he finally turned up! So dont give up hope, good luck!!

dsroten

Established Member
Maybe he's just out chasing ass. I had a couple of goldens that disappeared for almost two weeks and then just wandered back home like they had never been gone. Dont give up yet.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
Sorry to hear that, Ripper. Good luck in getting him back.

Ditto...I have 2 doggies myself now..Lost 1 for about a week..Come to find out ,he was out getting some tail from a nearby pointer:lol1: .....Hang in there and check up around the area he disappeared every now and then...Good luck bud...:)

Edit-Sp.:bash:

Last edited:

SVTour Girl

Established Member
This should give you some hope. About a year ago one of my ferrets got outside. My neighbors and I looked for days and couldn't find her. Exactly one week later she showed back up. I like to think that she just wanted a vacation! Good luck and I hope everything turns out okay.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
That sucks nick :( dogs are just like people and even more loyal, you can run them over in the car and they still love you

Nick has he ever ran away before?

i8u

Established Member
Are there any humane society's or animal shelters in the area. I would check every one. I hope you find him.

Users who are viewing this thread