Loosing faith in no slip pulleys

FINICKY

Established Member
Sees like every time I go to a no slip pulley I get more belt dust than the regular one. Is there any real proof that these things are better then the regular pulleys.. I have a no slip 2.80 with the two stock replacment 100 mm idlers and loads of dust lol its actually caked up.

Anyoe have better luck with a standard pulley over a no slip one.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
What belt are you using? I believe its better to use the gate's belt with the no slip design as opposed to the goodyear gatorback belt.

dougwg

Established Member
you got the wrong mods!:shrug:

What are these "two stock replacment 100 mm idlers"?

What pulley are you running?

Last edited:

FINICKY

Established Member
I have the 2.80 no slip from south florida pulley. The 100 mm idlers I have are also from them. They are bigger Idlers to replace the smaller factory ones. Im also using a gates belt .. Should i try the gator?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I am using the 2.90 (will be a 2.80 Saturday PM) Reichard Racing Ultra-Grip with a Billetflow 3-piece idler set and have never had a belt dust issue. I have used both the stock (Autolite) and Gates belts but will switch to the Gatorback tomorrow, too. :)

stangfreak

Established Member
gatorback baby, im running a 73.5 gatorback belt with a RR 2.80 and NO idlers

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Im running a 2.8 Motoblue non-slip pulley with a 73-5/8 size gates belt and i am getting TONS of belt dust. Will a gatorback fix my slip problem? Im not really keen on the idea of running any more idlers or anything.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I use a gatorback on a regular pulley. I heard about bad joo joo when running the gatorback on the non-slip pulleys. I guess the belts jump off of the non-slip pulleys.
I used to get belt dust with the gatorback, but after a 1000 miles the belt worn down(in a good way) and sits perfectly into ribbed pulleys now. Until that point I was getting belt dust. I like the whistling sound it makes, too.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I was considering a non-slip pulley, but the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. I don't really see how the slits in the pulley could grab the belt better without ripping it to shreds. And it seems to me like you'd be decreasing the area the belt has to grab the pulley with all those cuts. :shrug:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Rub your fingers across a RR pulley. Now, rub your fingers across a gatorback belt. Tell me this combo won't grip like crazy when used together. ;-) BTW, there has been only 1 incident I have read of on this board about a RR pulley shredding a gatorback belt. Mine has been for a long time and I get NO belt dust and I have all the stock idlers.

I've got a Gatorback with the Moto Blue 2.80 non-slip + 100mm idler and have a lot of dust and am only getting about 11 psi of boost. I'm going to try the Gates I guess. Forget about the Gatorback.

jtfx6552

Established Member
I think the no slips do chew on the belt, BUT, I don't think this neccessarily means there is slip.

I think they just slowly chew the belt.

Ray, it is too bad we didn't talk before you went with one, I could have told you in advance that you are much too "finicky" to have one dusting up under your hood, lol.

JT

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Well, I am using the 2.90 (will be a 2.80 Saturday PM) Reichard Racing Ultra-Grip with a Billetflow 3-piece idler set and have never had a belt dust issue. I have used both the stock (Autolite) and Gates belts but will switch to the Gatorback tomorrow, too. :)

where did you get your pulley and idler set from? Iam am looking at my options now..

dougwg

Established Member
the two stock replacment 100 mm idlers do NOTHING TO HELP SLIP

you Need an Aux Idler (100mm) and the Bracket that goes with it

Last edited:

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
the two stock replacment 100 mm idlers do NOTHING TO HELP SLIP

you Need an Aux Idler (100mm) and the Bracket that goes with it

Hey Doug.. I sent you an email from the link on you website for some info.

cbrtrx

Established Member
i had no slip and no shredding with my standard pulley, now with my sfphq non slip i have a shredded belt with a lot of dust in 2 months time all the ribs on the inside of the belt are worn badly from the sharp burs on the pulley, thats were the dust is from not happy at all

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Ray, I'm with Doug, get the aux idler w/ 100mm pulley and any other belt dust you see after that is due to your powershifting ;)

Juiced-03

Established Member
I have a standard 2.80 pulley with a 100mm upper idler bracket and it holds boost pretty damn well. I am using a 74.5 Gback.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
I have so much dust i just bought a can of lemon pledge to spray on the pully!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread