Looks like the 2016 Chevy Camaro will be Underwhelming

jshen

Established Member
Frankly, this is wrong place for discussion of Camaro, but as much as I am a Ford fan, there are some features that may cause Ford to up the anti. For example, as a member of the Old Fart Club I like an 8 spd auto as my racing days are long over. I like 455 hp...even over the 485 ScatPack due to 4200 lb weight. I like standard HID lighting as I have the night time vision of Mr. McGoo. I am sure Ford will up their power, and I hope they go to the better tranny.

As for the Shelby- Ford hit a home run! It's beautiful...but the admins will be high- even on the non GT-R....

One last note, when GM priced the z/28 and zl1 over the Corvette- I think they priced themselves out of the market...There is no way those cars justify that price...Same for the ATS-v

AZBOSS

Established Member
Finally, with the technology transfer of the Corvette LT1, Camaro drivers can now share in the experience of complete engine failures before modding even begins.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Camaro costs $7,000 above the competing Mustang. That's ridiculous. Ford is going to a 10-speed auto as soon as it's finished. All Mustangs have had standard HID lighting since 2013.

hognutz

Established Member
by my math they are ~5k apart. 32k for a GT and 37k for 1SS. 36.7k for GT pemium and 2ss is 41,3k still too much IMO. you can get the mag ride on an SS which would be the one option advantage for some possibly. Proabably get a tremec gearbox wich I prefer personally and pay some extra for. It was $2500 for my buddy to beef up his toasted MT-82.

I just like the looks of the mustang better than the camaro right now so I am having a hard time caring about it in any way. I buy cars that like and don't worry so much about whether it is a ford or chevy.

performance wise though I am sure they will be very comparable.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Seriously man, you are a (Edited by #694, see below) for posting this. If you don't understand how these cars stack up you have no business being on an enthusiast site, let alone posting garbage like this. The new Camaro SS is going to walk all over the Mustang GT. Power to weight. It's that simple. Ford will have to respond.

As great as the GT350R is, I think Ford attacked the wrong car in the Z/28.

And the new crapmaro will be indeed crap...they are the ugliest, slowest pos on the road to date...what will government motors need to be bailed out again for? Its a matter of time, cause they suck...the only car keeping people interested in the company is the vette, that is it...lets keep ford talk on this forum and you keep crapmaro talk somewhere else

Last edited:

ericnolan661

Established Member
So on my very first post on this site, I will likely tick someone off. I've had 8 mustangs and have a new Race Red gt350 ordered. I've owned exactly one Chevy in my life and I've been driving almost 40 years. So not historically a Chevrolet Guy. That said, I suspect the new Camaro SS will be a very nice ride and absolutely will absolutely compete well with the Mustang GT. This will result in Ford upping it's game and the breed (American Muscle cars) will necessarily improve. The Camaro is not my style but I have always appreciated quality American Muscle. For that matter the Germans make some pretty darned nice, if somewhat overpriced performance cars.

Finally, I like to thing we (Mustang Guys) are better than the idiots at various Camaro sites who use phrases like Crapstang and the like. Argue the merits and weaknesses of any car. Clearly Ford has given us outstanding products which can endure an intelligent objective comparison to any cars in the world.

hunterp

Established Member
So on my very first post on this site, I will likely tick someone off. I've had 8 mustangs and have a new Race Red gt350 ordered. I've owned exactly one Chevy in my life and I've been driving almost 40 years. So not historically a Chevrolet Guy. That said, I suspect the new Camaro SS will be a very nice ride and absolutely will absolutely compete well with the Mustang GT. This will result in Ford upping it's game and the breed (American Muscle cars) will necessarily improve. The Camaro is not my style but I have always appreciated quality American Muscle. For that matter the Germans make some pretty darned nice, if somewhat overpriced performance cars.

Finally, I like to thing we (Mustang Guys) are better than the idiots at various Camaro sites who use phrases like Crapstang and the like. Argue the merits and weaknesses of any car. Clearly Ford has given us outstanding products which can endure an intelligent objective comparison to any cars in the world.

How dare you bring logic into this...

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread