Looks like SVTP may be doing a 3.0 swap.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A good friend of the site bought a 2000 a couple months back and managed to find a great deal on an 06 Escape 3.0. We'll be posting a lot about it in the coming weeks.:beer:

CSVT

Back for the first time
Established Member
I probably should have registered for the site a long time ago but i rarely have time to post up. i cant wait to get cracking on this project. :beer: it seems like someone got the newer style escape engine to work with the SVT upper and lower intake manifolds with a little modification but i might go the full 3L route.

csvtjohnga

Established Member
Have fun with it! My Vortech setup is running..not great but running. Its my DD and it needs to be tuned horridly. Its very rich but it gets from A to B quick. Once you figure out how the motor drops in or out its fun from there. Few things will piss you off but all in all fun project!

CSVT

Back for the first time
Established Member
Update: my 3L engine arrived yesterday along with my wilwood 4 piston calipers. Since I decided on a hybrid swap I'm waiting on an extra set of SVT heads to arrive so I can have them machined for the 3L exhaust valves.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You might as well got 3L intake and exhaust. When I did my heads, I had the PnP'ed with 3L valves by Kinger on CEG. Not sure if he's still doing it to. The guy that bought it off me and had it dynoed at 220/220. Not too shabby.

brapple

Established Member
Update: my 3L engine arrived yesterday along with my wilwood 4 piston calipers. Since I decided on a hybrid swap I'm waiting on an extra set of SVT heads to arrive so I can have them machined for the 3L exhaust valves.

make sure the heads come with the cam caps and that they are either still on the head where they belong or have been marked so that go back in the same location/orientation.

CSVT

Back for the first time
Established Member
make sure the heads come with the cam caps and that they are either still on the head where they belong or have been marked so that go back in the same location/orientation.

I bought complete heads off bagged on CEG so I'm assuming they haven't been disassembled. Still need headers and misc gaskets and probably the DMD as fluidampr is a little pricey.

CSVT

Back for the first time
Established Member
Well I started the teardown of the 3L today! Everything went smooth until I realized the crank pulley :cuss: had to come off to get the timing chain off which must be removed to get the heads off :dw: also the cams must be removed to get to the headbolts so now I know what Brapple means by making sure they are marked or put back in the same place...:thumbsup:

Guess Im going to have to go to advance auto and get one of their harmonic balancer pullers and try this again monday... hopefully since my engine is fairly new it wont be a big PITA to take out like everyone says.

I also ordered all my gaskets from rockauto this morning my wallet is lighter by $367 but I should have everything needed.:rockon:

brapple

Established Member
although this thread is about a ported 3L there are some useful details.

3L Port-Matching... - NECO Forums

also not sure if the escape has a similar damper to the taurus/sable 3L engines but the outer part is a reverse thread, iirc. once thats off then the damper itself is normal.

Avenger

Established Member
Dropped a 3.0L from a 2005 Escape into my 98 SVT a few months ago. Ran 14.4 @ 97mph on stock manifolds / y-pipe. Fun daily driver with the BAT Euro Handling kit :)

CSVT

Back for the first time
Established Member
Well I got the balancer bolt out pretty easy but when I put a 3 jaw puller on the damper it snapped off! Now I just have the center part of the damper on the crank and need to get a smaller pulley puller and hope it will do the job.

Id post a pic but Im using an iPhone and don't know if it's possible to post pics from one.

Users who are viewing this thread