Looks like Cadillac is doing the right thing with the new 05 STS

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
RWD or AWD with a 320 HP 4.6L VVT engine. Yeah, ok, so it's not an 03/04 cobra, right? Of course not, however, we then have this...

http://www.mechtech-ms.com/html/ns_blower.html

Only problem is a hood that of finding a hood that would look good and work with that. Then again, you have you realize that this was probably designed with the guys in mind that use these motors for their dune buggies and shit.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
please be patient w/me if I'm overlooking something obvious here, but the pic shows an engine w/headers mounted backwards!! Whaty's up w/that???

stevieb

Established Member
V drive is where the trans comes off the back of the engine at an angle, if you were to look at it from above it would be V shaped.
Buses use them, but the only ones Ive ever seen are a rear horizontal engine.
I suppose it could be developed for a front wheel drive car.

stevieb

Established Member
Ok now that Ive looked at the link, that engine could have been set up for a dyno stand and they may have had to route the exhaust in the other direction to clear the controls or some other reason.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I was driving an STS Thursday on a test course. They're surprisingly nice cars. The CTSs are, too. Not nearly as boat like as older Caddys. Good power and good handling for luxury cars. I liked them better than the BMW 5 series. It took me a minute to figure out how to start the STS. There's no key. You have to step on the brake and push a button.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I'v always liked the northstar engines, just about as much as I like the 5.7 actually, and the engines in those pics are beautiful, but what has always turned me off about them is that all of Cadillacs later model cars have that sqaured off headlight Aztek look IMO. I know Caddies have always been boxy, but lately, IMO, I fear Cadillacs line up has fallen victom to the unchrismatic charactaristics all GM cars seem to be suffering from these days.

Users who are viewing this thread