Looking to terminator motor swap NEED HELP

Untamed Snake

Redfire Terminator
Established Member
i have a 04 gt and wanna do a 03 cobra motor swap.. need to find out what all i need and what all needs to be done to complete this project.. thanks, cory also another question.. does anyone know or have a friend that has a terminator motor in their 99-04 gt??

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
zerokube said:
lol, good luck. try the search option.

I believe he his trying to find bits and pieces of what needs to be done...which would make the search option useless.
Keep monitoring the terminator parts market and see what you can get from people selling there stock stuff. I have some stuff that I could give to you off my motor. Just lemme know.

andrew

SprintNCobra

SVT Poster
Established Member
where in louisiana are you from blownGT69? I also have some stock parts off my motor if you need anything. Let me know after you get a short block or however you go about it. :beer:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I also have some little odds and ends if you are looking to piece it together. Brackets, pullies, stock h/e. FWIW, I was going to pop an eaton on my old mach1.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
you will need some of the support equipment like boost/pressure guages, cobra fuel pumps, engine management system (computer), mass air meter, exhaust manifolds or aftermarket headers and possibly a new tranny depending on the power you go up to but you should be fine with a 3650. I think that should give you an idea of what you might need when the time comes. Post some pics if you end up doing it.

Untamed Snake

Redfire Terminator
Established Member
appreciate all the help so far guys.. still lots of questions. im from hammond,la about 30 mins. from covington

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I have an '03 Cobra motor in my '00 GT, which was the same as your car. There are different ways to go about it (i.e. what tranny, fuel system, computer, wiring, etc. to run), but IMO the best and most economical way is to find a wrecked Terminator donor car so you can take everything you need.
In my car we used the '03 motor, tranny, computer, wiring, gauge cluster, fuel system, driveshaft, etc. With a donor car you can also just swap the k-member and everything and have the better brakes and front control arms too.
If you try to piece things together or to buy a new engine from Ford it gets ridiculously expensive real fast.
I got all my stuff for $6k.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm doing the swap right now...

motor, tranny, pcm, wiring, cluster, radiator, fuel system, different driveshaft for solid axle unless you get an IRS, heat exchanger with pump and all the hoses. I did only get the motor and tranny and now I'm running around looking for pieces, definitely not a cheap option but I love the terminator motors and how easy they are to mod

svtguy22

Established Member
Im not sure where you can find one, but wouldnt it be more practical to apend 5k in the 2v engine that you have? With that kinda money you could have forged everything no problem and run a LOT more boost then the 4v 03 motor.... Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread