Looking to sell 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Convertible - Terminator

Dcarcrazy

Established Member
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and need some advice..
Looking to sell my 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Convertible - Terminator. It has 9500 Miles with no modifications. All original except for new tires and battery. Whats it worth? Any and all opinions would be helpful.
Thanks!

nufc1

Established Member
Post some pictures of the car there are a lot of good honest people who would able to give you good advice.may take a while. Don't make any rash decisions..You have a gem only my opinion.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Not in any hurry to sell or do I have to sell. Just looking to see what the current market value is for this car. Thanks
Bummer. I was hoping you needed a quick sale (sail, sell). I was gonna come and get it this weekend. I don't want to pay what it's worth though.

HPLouis

Established Member
Bummer. I was hoping you needed a quick sale (sail, sell). I was gonna come and get it this weekend. I don't want to pay what it's worth though.

I like this guy. At least you're honest and upfront. I've put my car up for sale a few times and have jokers running up to me. They want to offer $18-$22K for a 4800 mile car and I put down that I want around $30K.

To the OP, I wouldn't go any lower than $30K and $30K is a deal.

nufc1

Established Member
Just my opinion you should get that no problem.get some pics and rule 7.You have an investment there..if that is your value stick to it .You will get it !

HPLouis

Established Member
This 9800 mile coupe sold for $34,995. https://www.naplesautocollection.co...ra-svt-coupe-6398f9c9120f4f71b1a0cb5e03c4aa18

It's a coupe (some say those are more desirable) and it's a dealership so they can offer financing etc. so you can adjust your prices accordingly.

Here's a 9800 mile convertible that sold for $34,900.
https://myclassicgarage.com/marketplace/cars/all/Ford-Mustang-Cobra-SVT/45767

Again, it's a dealer and they can offer financing so that can bump up a pricing a little but I think you can easily get over $30K.

Dcarcrazy

Established Member
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will list the car for sale on this site once I get it out of storage and get some pictures. Please fell free to keep posting comments. Thanks again!

Osiris

Established Member
As a new (to me) owner of one, I hope you get every penny of that 30K.

:)

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, here comes Mr. Glass is half empty. I see these kinds of questions all the time.

I UNDERSTAND it's MC and the miles are low.

However, my question is, every time someone asks the same question the vote is normally between 22K and 24K (for non premium colors around the same mileage (i.e. BLK, RF, SM, WHT, etc.). Why is there such a vast difference?

Basically, what people are saying is that MC, SB and CO are worth up to 10K more just because of the color? I'm asking.....

Also, like someone pointed out, coupes are "normally" more desirable.

Those dealers basically getting 35K is practically what the car was MSRP'd at brand new.

I AGREE premium colors such as MC, SB and CO SHOULD bring in a few thousand more, but not up to 10K more and not at MSRP prices (Not yet anyway, maybe when the car is a classic (i.e. 25 years old)). Obviously someone paid it, but wonder how long it took to find that willing customer?

And believe me I WANT the prices of these cars to go up. So, if a MC goes for 35K, a SM should be worth 30K. However, see what people say when you ask them what's a SM coupe with 9800 miles on it worth. NO ONE will say 30K.

I did a search and found this thread from APR 2016. Guy is asking about his 6K mile DSG coupe. Everyone is saying around 25K. Just using this to support my example of non premium color Cobra's.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/how-much-is-a-bone-stock-2003-cobra-coupe-dsg-with-6k-miles-worth.1108834/

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't give $30k for it. But I'm sure someone out there will, you'll just have to be patient. I think it's a $27,500-28,000 car.

Osiris

Established Member
Low build numbers help, but all Cobras have that, right? Even in "basic" colors.

In regards to MC however, it's a one-off. The paint was part of a $3000+ package that also included a custom interior. Only one other car in Ford's history had this color and that was the '96 Cobra (different paint process/maker though). You'll never see this exact paint on any other car, period. That has to mean something I would think. Even basic Mustangs came in SB and CO....

The car also came with a letter from Ford that was specific to this package. That'll also add value.

I didn't buy mine for this, I bought it mainly because I always wanted one, but having a car that should retain a decent value is certainly a good thing to me.

Dcarcrazy

Established Member
I wouldn't give $30k for it. But I'm sure someone out there will, you'll just have to be patient. I think it's a $27,500-28,000 car.

Can you give me an example of an all stock MC Convertible with less than 10k miles that has sold for less than 30K to support your idea of what it's worth? Most if not all of the ones that I have seen sold in the last 6 months have sold for 33k plus. Thanks

Osiris

Established Member
How many miles are on yours and what did you pay for it, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks

Sorry for the lengthy response...

I bought the car from Crossroads Ford in Cary.

They had it listed for $28,995 IIRC, maybe $28,500...They treated me well, and were pretty professional throughout the process, the title took some time and some communication was lax after the sale but I know weather played a part, due to this, I'll keep the actual price to myself but here's what I'll say...

The car came with what I estimate to be about $4k in retail cost of various parts that were neatly packed and wrapped. Though I am sure these parts were on the car at some point, The car was delivered in stock condition save for the Cobra emblem up front. The OEM running horse was in with those parts (and is now back on the car). Condition wise, the car has 4 tiny nicks overall and some swirl marks in the paint. The interior is flawless. Tires look brand new. It also came with all manuals, some service records, letters from Ford, and some other brochures I've since framed for safe keeping. It had 22,750 miles on it when it arrived.

They delivered the car to me (I live about 1100 miles away) and gave me full book for my trade as part of the deal. I paid somewhere the in the ball park of $27K. I feel like it was a solid deal.

Though I do think the mileage would add value and in my case would make up for the extra parts (purely a personal opinion, as I intend to put those back on the car), but at this point, the difference comes down to condition. They're both extremely low for their age. How well the car was cared for, serviced properly, etc. would likely play a larger part than the lower miles.

I assume here, that this car and my own are in similar condition, though I certainly could be wrong.

In the end, any car is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay and how badly you want to sell it. I don't think asking 30K is wrong at all...I just think it'll sell much quicker at 27-28. Even in the case of my car, the dealership owned it for quite a while it seems, and I'm sure there are many who wouldn't have taken their deal, but I did, because that's what I value it at. I, like anyone else here, want these cars to stay high in value for as long as they can. The Terminator Cobra is definitely one of the best Mustangs ever built in the LONG history of this brand. The MC to me, is the most special of that particular bunch.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
The next buyer will dictate what it's worth, to him. The sale price of yours or any other given car will curb the current market value for that car in that condition.
One guy (that WANTS that car) will pay a premium to get it. Another guy wouldn't give 25k for it.
Buyer #1 is out there waiting somewhere for a car like this to hit the market. Then you'll both be happy!
I've purchased CO & SB cars over the years. Like MC, the market is what it is. Nice low mile ones are pricey & don't usually show up on the market very often.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can you give me an example of an all stock MC Convertible with less than 10k miles that has sold for less than 30K to support your idea of what it's worth? Most if not all of the ones that I have seen sold in the last 6 months have sold for 33k plus. Thanks

Well for one, osiris' post.

Secondly, a $30k+ 15 year old car is hard to get financed, so that would cut out a very large amount of potential buyers.

I said you could get $30k for it, from someone, I said it wasn't worth that to me. At $30k+ it'll sit for a while, which in your case doesn't sound like it matters.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread