Looking to run 9.99 or better stock block and auto trans.

2003mach1

Established Member
I just picked up a bone stock 14 auto and I wanna get a 9 second slip with the stock long block and trans.
I'm open to turbo or centri.

Obviously i'll be doing tires and wheels, converter, and suspension.

If I go centri i'll need headers and a mid pipe and would probably do a k-member, and I assume i'll need a torque booster.

Or I could go cpr turbo and it comes with a k-member and radiator support, and I wont need headers and mid pipe.

It looks like if i'm starting from scratch the cost isn't really that much different. So the question now is which one "works" the best? I dont really give a $#it about dyno sheets. I'd like to see some time slips from stock block and trans cars with both setups. Which one is gonna get down the track faster?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Either one will get you there. I have a CPR setup so my opinion is biased. If I had to do it again, I'd do it again lol. I love the setup, power and design.

In on one...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like it's a pretty easy goal. I just see alot of dyno queens that run mid 10's. Is it operator malfunction or tuning or what?

do you realize how fast mid 10s is?

Its going to take over 700whp to run "an easy 9." Not entirely true if you only want 9.99, especially with an auto, but 9 second cars typically trap at or over 140mph.

There are only 4 factory cars you can buy on planet earth that run 140+ mph in the quarter off the showroom floor.

Last edited:

2003mach1

Established Member
do you realize how fast mid 10s is?

Its going to take over 700whp to run "an easy 9." Not entirely true if you only want 9.99, especially with an auto, but 9 second cars typically trap at or over 140mph.

There are only 4 factory cars you can buy on planet earth that run 140+ mph in the quarter off the showroom floor.

Yes I realize how fast that is. I've had plenty of fast cars. I have a fox body with a 363 with twin 62's currently that I have lost interest in, but thats not the subject at hand.

I know how easy it is to make power with a coyote, I just wanna see some examples of cars that are running some good et's with the power that can be had with stock block and trans and if its turbo or centri.

Last edited:

CPRsm

This is Chris's car. Has a cast wheel 75mm on it. Kit's been on for 20k+ miles and it's his DD. Guessing he's been running 9's for at least 15k miles of that mileage. I think that was bones stock everything except converter and fuel system. Including control arms lol. Others running deeper in the 9's when all stock, but this is our longest running. I think he got into the 9's eventually on 6psi.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ad-Hookers&p=13929324&viewfull=1#post13929324

This is snot rocket lol. He's pushing the billet 76 to about 9-10psi. He has a built tranny now. Some odd issues led to rebuilding it to eliminate it as a possibility. Ran deep 9's before that. Page 10 of the build is the slip

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...Project-quot-Snot-Rocket-quot-CPR-Turbo-Build

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Turbo will get you there "easier" most likely. Paxton/centri will be slightly cheaper(you don't need headers or a kmember with a centri to do 9s) but not as much room to grow and "arguably" harder on the motor at the same power level. Pick your poison.

stangn

Established Member
Juiced went 8's on stock motor. Look him up on here.

I do think turbo is the only way, unless you only want to do it once or twice. IMO of coarse.
Blowers need engine horsepower to make power

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'd say a blower is going to need too much boost & rpm to run 9's on stock motor consistently. Your probably going to need the torque of a turbo with the rpm capped at 7000rpm. A fuel sys w/ E85 also.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Turbo or blower will run 9.99 on stock motor and trans. Been done consistently by on3, EDP, hellion, vortech, procharger and Paxton.

corepwn

Established Member
All of the power adders have gotten stock motor cars into the 9s at least once.
(Well, except for the bastard TVS versions like Magnuson/Edlebrock as far as I know)

4VFTW

Established Member
by stock trans do you mean stock converter? because that will be considerably tougher to do. I've done it with with a stg 2 Procharger on a pump gas tune...although I do have a converter.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
You have any time slips you care to share?

No problem. Here's one. STOCK mt-82, stock clutch, stock motor with ID1000's and 93 pump gas. 3.31 gears and full weight. When I pulled the clutch to go auto it still looked pretty damn good! I was surprised. Car weighs just over 3,800 with me. Pass was on ~8.2 lbs. auto times are coming soon

7CB0CBBA-27CC-4576-B46E-51BF23C6C950_zpscqb27yvv.jpg

20lbbooster

Established Member
Stock motor, stock transmission with 4c. 93 octane pump gas, tuned by lund. Full weight car.

Vortech V3. 3.47 pulley, long tubes with orh. BAP+ID1000

Users who are viewing this thread