Looking to Possibly Buy 03/04, Need Tips.

Sirraf

Established Member
What are some of the things I need to pay attention to specifically if I am in the market for an 03/04? Also, what is a reasonable price range to expect (mileage may vary). What are some indicators that I need to stay away from when looking around? Thanks!

ITSTOCK

Established Member
You need to do a compression test no matter what (stock, modified, low mileage, high mileage, etc). If the seller won't do a compression check, run away.

$20k for 50k miles and average condition is reasonable, certain colors drive pricing. Verts are cheaper.

Bioburner

Established Member
How much of a discount for rag top? Found a nice 03 with -60k and only a few mods. Looking for decent DD.
Garage queens are getting well discounted around here now as the leaves fall

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Compression/leak down test at bare minimum. Ask for every record/documentation possible on the car. At the rate these cars get modified and demoded, it's difficult to tell how badly the car was beat on. Honesty goes a long way, but you gotta be careful of who you trust...

Don't get caught up in the hype just to get your hands on the car w/o doing your homework first. You don't want to end up with someone's half-assed project car. GL!

speedoflife

Established Member
There's also a thread going on right now in Terminator Talk about dumb stuff previous owners have done.

Go read that thread and run away screaming from any car that has any similarities to anything in that thread.

DropSVT

Established Member
Even after the compression test give it a nice long test drive to see if anything pop or clunks on the front end as I've test drive a few that were like that. And also when test driving at least once go WOT to make sure the thing isn't hesitating or jerking under boost

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

thewrubelator

Established Member
It seemed as though prices are all over the board when I was in the market a few months ago. I paid 22k for an 03 SM Coupe with 28k, clean Cali car, with a tasteful list of mods. But have seen cars with similar mileage, less mods, go for $3k+ more, and cars with double the mileage go for about 20-22k. It's a weird market.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread