Looking to make some extra cash...

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
I'm 19, and I don't have any 'skills' to speak of as for a better paying job than i currently have. I make 9.70/hour, and i work 30-40 hours a week. I need to try to make as much money as possible before school starts.

My commute to school is about 30 miles, and with gas constantly on the rise... I'm looking for cheaper means of transportation. I'm looking to find my way into a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, because I'm tall but skinny so I really don't need a bike with gratuitous amounts of power. As of right now I have $1,000.

How can I raise $3,000 in 3 months? I do save a bit every paycheck, but with food, gas, etc... it's not nearly enough.

Also, If I can actually save up more than this amount, it would benefit me greatly going into the next school year.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
im the same age and there is not much more you can do. maybe try doing some lawn work or something:shrug:. i make about the same as you and have the same problems. im going to continue working through school. you could also try selling stuff you dont need?

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
pull a few shifts serving tables, or get a broker and invest your money into some short term stock options or something of the sort. I'm only a year older and in about the same boat, except I serve tables and make a killing at a high end restaurant. I'm saving right now for a few stocks I've been eyeing that will be doing well here soon.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I don't know about you, but i am always finding different things to sell online, ebay is your friend, honestly on ebay anyone will buy your junk for the most part.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
sell crack! haha... just kidding.. go to wreckers and get some cheap desirable parts to sell on ebay at crack head prices..

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
deal weed, you make a ton of money :)

not that i know from experince or anything, that shits illigal... BUT YOU MAKE A TON OF MONEY... but it is illigal so dont do it ;)

TexRob

Established Member
I can't believe some of the responses "Sell Crack" "Sell Weed" You guys need to go out & earn money the old Fashioned way,Rob a Bank! I don't know what's wrong with this younger generation....

canibus

Established Member
get a better job for starters, if you have free time. Apply at a gym, all they do is scan you in. you'll get rest from your other job and you'll get payed for it.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Go cut grass with a company. That should get you at LEAST $2400 in three months, and you should be able to have flexible enough hours to tend to whatever else you want to do.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Where do you live? I'm about 10 minutes away from a big marina where my dad's boat is, and a buddy and I had a little business waxing boats for one summer. We'd spend a week or less on a boat and make $300-500 per boat depending on the size. People with bigger boats are happy to pay you the cash to make it look nice. Beware though, once oxidation sets in, you have to work a lot harder than wax to make it look good. We learned that the hard way on a 36 ft. boat.

Does the bike have to be new.....?

You obviously haven't seen the difference between an '07 and an '08 Ninja 250R...

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Apply at a gym, all they do is scan you in. you'll get rest from your other job and you'll get payed for it.

WTF are you talking about?

To the OP do you have time for another job? Plenty of companies look foward to summertime where they have plenty of college kids looking for partime short term jobs. Like a few others have said, try getting rid of junk you have lying around on Ebay or Craigslist. You'd be suprised what people will buy and how much they will pay.

Users who are viewing this thread