Looking to get into a terminator

Halabeaster54

Established Member
Mods if this is posted in the wrong section, my apologies.

Whats up guys. I'm selling my current car and looking to pick up a terminator or a c5z, I'm leaning heavily towards the cobra though. I just have a few questions, coming from the turbo honda world. I'm looking to pick up a terminator in december since they'll be selling cheaper, aka more money for race car parts :thumbsup: and just wondering how bad they are in the snow since thats an inevitable question most car owners ask. The car will be a daily driver, no garage queen here. I'm also looking to do a full return fuel system conversion along with an e85 conversion. I have some bosch 044s, iD 1000cc injectors, and 20 odd something feet of summit racing -8an braided fuel lines laying around in my garage. I also have a full zex v8 nitrous setup for the LSx engines from a trailblazer ss build that we decided to go all motor with instead that I would be putting inside the car. I know i should search but what size pulleys will i benefit with most on a stock eaton, e85 and nitrous. So far my plans are e85, nitrous, and pulleys. What else should I look into? a Solid rear conversion? or will the irs be fine? and I have some 15x8+0 Welds with 26x8.5x15 hoosiers brand new in my basement. Im primarily looking to have a dd street car thats running 10s. The car will also be dyno tuned. I'm sorry if you guys get a lot of these people who have wish lists and don't own the car yet. Granted i have most of the stuff, thats why ill be installing it. So how much power would I be making as an approximate with nitrous, e85, pulleys, bolt ons, and a dynotune? also what kinda ets/trap speeds would I be expecting. Thanks guys, James

Last edited:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
A ported eaton correctly setup with e85 should get you 550 to the wheels. Adding in the nitrous your well over 600/600. 10s at 130+ if you can drive it. Wanting to drive that in the snow is another story altogether. Youd need some serious snow tires for that, just doesnt seem like fun to me to spin out everyday on the highway. Good luck with your quest.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member
Do some research on this site man and all your questions will be answered within an hour or so. Welcome to the domestic world and I know you won't be disappointed. You've driven your last Honda lol.

Halabeaster54

Established Member
A ported eaton correctly setup with e85 should get you 550 to the wheels. Adding in the nitrous your well over 600/600. 10s at 130+ if you can drive it. Wanting to drive that in the snow is another story altogether. Youd need some serious snow tires for that, just doesnt seem like fun to me to spin out everyday on the highway. Good luck with your quest.

Yea, it can't be worse then my friends ls swapped g35. absolute worst car ever in the snow, and he has snow tires. its like driving on slicks in the rain in a fwd car. Great to hear thats all I'll need to get there.

Do some research on this site man and all your questions will be answered within an hour or so. Welcome to the domestic world and I know you won't be disappointed. You've driven your last Honda lol.

This site does seem damn impressive compared to 99% of the forums I've been on. Just waiting for my car to get out of paint and sold so i can scoop up one of these machines.

But I've read multiple opinions on this site for solid axle vs irs. whats the verdict more people go to? and about the clutch situation. will that hold up? while I'm doing all the work dropping the gas tank, I'd drip the tranny too and swap it out for an unsprung 6 puck if necessary.

SlowSVT

Established Member
a pullied E85 Terminator running Bosch 044's on juice with welds and skinnies in the snow as a DD :eek:

................ and I reading this right?

Halabeaster54

Established Member
a pullied E85 Terminator running Bosch 044's on juice with welds and skinnies in the snow as a DD :eek:

................ and I reading this right?

lmfao no, the welds and skinnies are for the track. the other stuff i won't get around to putting on until the spring. I have an awd trailblazer SS for the snow. :pepper:

03ShadowSerpent

Calm Like a Bomb
Established Member
Welcome to the domestic world and I know you won't be disappointed. You've driven your last Honda lol.

Truer words have never been spoken! Last ride was an Integra Type R I owned from HS... Never again... Love your sig too Nate.

OP... Good luck in your search. I've owned my 03DSG for almost a year now... and... it... is... AWESOME! Still staring back at it in amazement every time I park it. Can't go wrong with a Cobra. :burnout:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
I have a SRA in my car and would not go back to IRS. Its a big weight savings and is better for launching. But many love the IRS and do amazing things with it. You cant go wrong either way. I run a Promotion clutch that works great. Spec also makes awesome clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread