Looking to get blown.. torn between Vortech or Roush

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First,i def appreciate the past business.

I guess I don't see the need of the constant Paxton Bashing these days as a previous paxton owner that was super happy. Great power, really happy. Now it's like the paxton is the worst thing in the world, no power, broke the engine etc.. Every thread something negative to say.

Seems to me the issue would have been it running lean all the time like you told me on the phone before you got the fuel system. Way back when I told you that was way to much power on the stock fuel system for e85. More than likely the engine initially got hurt running it that lean.

We were talking several times a week for sometime, and you were always very happy. I understand wanting more, but you can "get more" out of any combo.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...on-special-AED-E85-730-HP!&highlight=beefcake

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...torque-booster-on-E85-Fun!&highlight=beefcake

CPRsm

First,i def appreciate the past business.

I guess I don't see the need of the constant Paxton Bashing these days as a previous paxton owner that was super happy. Great power, really happy. Now it's like the paxton is the worst thing in the world, no power, broke the engine etc.. Every thread something negative to say.
Just because he likes it better and doesn't mind saying it doesn't mean he's bashing Paxton. I'll take responsibility for that though, my fault. I gave him a ride in turbo coyote and that's all it took. I won't do it ever again. I'd hate for someone to like turbo more, and you think their joy is out of pure spite for you or Paxton. Just beware, there are already other conversions in the works I can't be held responsible for.

Seems to me the issue would have been it running lean all the time like you told me on the phone before you got the fuel system. Way back when I told you that was way to much power on the stock fuel system for e85. More than likely the engine initially got hurt running it that lean.
Really? Lol. Here goes the master diagnostician who thinks a tune can't close a plug. Maybe he can fall back on the oil pump excuse, too? The engine was over powered and he knows it, no other reason. But his tuner got the piston to live longer than the rod. He must have had a stronger set of oil pump gears I guess. I wonder if the engine down at CCC Motorsports that had a busted #8 had faulty gears also?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its like you can't make a post without the cpr/aed show anymore,

Not trying to start a tuning war in yet another thread, the comment was directed towards him emailing potential customers saying the Paxton broke the engine, when the car had been run lean, I didn't direct it toward any tuner, or say any names.

Shaun@AED

E85 is a wonderful thing. Fifty's car has run 14.0:1 down the 1/4 mile due to a fautly Hobbs switch 5 times. 10.2's @138+MPH, 5 times in 90+ degree heat. Plugs came out with no signs of detonation. Compression test confirmed no engine damage. I have data logs of his 1/4 mile passes with fueling and knock logged if anyone wants to see them.

E85 has a HUGE margin of safety.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

Here's a screen shot of One of Fifty's 1/4 mile runs with the BAP issue: (10.27 @ 138MPH on this run)

*NOTE* Commanded Lambse is .78, actual is .92, knock sensors pulled a maximum of 1.5 degrees and ignition spark is 22.5 degrees. By the end of the run Measured lambse was .98 yet knock activity went away! THAT is why I recommend ALL boosted applications run E85. Absolutely MASSIVE margin of safety with this fuel. Again, plugs were pulled, inspected and a compression test was done confirming NO ENGINE DAMAGE. Fifty's engine is running strong to this day. In fact, it picked up power the last time it was on my chassis dyno.
We have race cars running 30psi boost non-intercooled with Pump E85.
LeanE85quartermilepass_zpsd7557b82.gif

CPRsm

Lol, the "whoa is me" again.
Terry vs Me
Terry vs Turbo companies until they became much faster than centri's.
Then and now, Terry vs BBR
Terry vs AED
Terry vs CPR whilst shitting in my customers build thread unprovoked
Terry vs another of my customers where you accused him of taking his car from JPC to another dyno and making 150rwhp less. He had come here to personally set you straight. He was one of your customers, too lol
Terry vs JPC
Terry vs Hypermotive
And there's more I'm sure.
Between FB, and here you have 3-4 "war" fronts right now w different people. Anyone else see a pattern here?

Not trying to start a tuning war in yet another thread, the comment was directed towards him emailing potential customers saying the Paxton broke the engine, when the car had been run lean, I didn't direct it toward any tuner, or say any names.
His "emailing" customers is in response to emails/PM's sent TO him asking. Otherwise how would he possibly know who your potential customers were? He was the one solicited for info. Don't insinuate otherwise. Same with the AFR. If you can explain how lean condition snaps a rod clean and leaves the piston, and rod bearings in perfect condition I'll show you pictures of the cylinder that went. You do what you always do. Insinuate an outlandish claim without the ability to feasibly connect the cause and effect.

Is a paxton directly the reason it broke? No, greed was. But you're crazy if you don't think having to spin an engine to 7500 to make power, isn't a contributing factor in shortened engine life.

Deerslayer

Established Member
This is beginning to be the doucheist site on the web. Romper Room on steroids. Childish bickering and name calling....wow

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION....which I have the answer for..........simple

If you want to get blown, get a VORTECH....CHICKS DIG'EM
VortechRbetter_zpsda9c03ed.jpg

Last edited:

notchy444

Established Member

Ok if it was directed at me, i'll answer your question. I never once went out to email potential customers of yours. I got a few PM's asking me what happened to my engine and why I switch from your kit to a turbo. They pm me, not the other way around. Im not going to hide that my engine broke due to too much power from a paxton kit on E85 with a torque booster. In no way do I think its because of my tune. Like shaun has already said, even if it did run .98 the engine would live. Dustin checked my plugs before my full fuel system (jpc 2500 hp kit) was installed along with the "torque booster". Now what your "potential customers" where asking was if Im happy with the kit and I gave them my honest answer. You get what you pay for. If you wanna take this further we can talk about the 2 blow off valves and the placement of them. Or we can keep that to PM's... Its up to u man.

Deerslayer

Established Member
And a CPR Turbo has exactly WHAT to do with the OP question. WOW. VORTECH or ROUSH......that was the question. LOL Knots on top of your head from gurgling on the caveman has nothing to do with the OP's question other than you wanting to spout off vendor hate.

PC03GT

Established Member
The shit is getting DEEP!! I hope you bought a supercharger after 7 pages of bullshit lmfao

CPRsm

And a CPR Turbo has exactly WHAT to do with the OP question. WOW. VORTECH or ROUSH......that was the question. LOL
Guessing it had to do with him liking a turbo better than a VORTECH
Or as I said in my last post, he thought there was a reference made that a torque booster vs turbo was the same in this thread. Mistakingly not this thread.

Knots on top of your head from gurgling on the caveman has nothing to do with the OP's question other than you wanting to spout off vendor hate.
So in your last post you complained about the site becoming "douchey," name calling and what not. And in your very next post call someone a **** sucker. You went full retard son

Deerslayer

Established Member
So in your last post you complained about the site becoming "douchey," name calling and what not. And in your very next post call someone a **** sucker. You went full retard son

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post

LOL.....I appologize. I know now that those two big ass margarita's I had last night were pretty damn strong. Tequilla brings out another side to me :) I was following in Burke's footsteps :O

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Since this supposed car we tuned that had an engine rebuilt at CCC has been brought up several times now in several threads to try to discredit me / Lund. I figured I would go ahead and give “our side” as there is always 2 sides, about the car in question.

• Flasher was shipped in May 2013 WITH tune base file loaded

• Customer did not contact us for remote tuning instructions (logging, etc) until August 11, 2013. So about 2.5 months after ordering everything..

• Lund responsed on the 12th first thing in the morning since the 11th was a Sunday.

• Lund provided datalogging instructions along with an updated calibration to use since they had made some updates since his original base tune was sent.

• At the same time customer was asked things like how is the MAF clocked and to veryify the clocking, and spark plugs and spark plug gap. Inquiry as to what fuel he was running since it was Cali, and that’s usually 91.

• The datalogging instructions specifically say only to do 2 LOGS – idle and neutral rev. Lund proceeds from there and provide instruction with each revision. This implies to do as Lund asks.. Once Lund feels that the tune is ready for WOT pulls whether it be on the dyno or street, we inform the customer. At this point car was not even close to wot pulls.

• Customer did not reply until Aug 14th saying that he has limited time due to his schedule, etc. but would verify Lund’s questions and get initial logs done. Again, initial logs

• Customers first set of logs were sent on August 24th – a Saturday. Lund Responded first thing on the 26th – a Monday. Lund again asked to verify the MAF clock again based on logs as the maf clocking appeared to be off. Customer stated he did have to reclock the MAF (which was already asked originally) because it was not where Lund wanted it placed. Car then needed to be re-logged with new initial base logs. He sent new logs on the 30th. At this point, this is the very first set of useable logs. A revision is sent, and instructions are provide to now do a 2nd log, which is another small idle log, and some light street driving. Instructions specifically say NO BOOST.

• Nothing else from customer until October 19th (a little over a month later) – saying that he had mechanical issues with the car (not tune related) that delayed him. He said “Since I was at a shop with a dyno (and they were doing pulls for cheap) I decided to get a quick dyno of my results to see where I was sitting. Looks like I'm getting about 559 rwhp and 487 ft/lbs.”

• Lund immediately replied that same day and said “The point of the process is I tell you when to go WOT. What if fueling didn't look right and it was lean? You already breeched that process and went wide open without being given any indication it was ok.

• Customers reply was “Jon, My apologies. Truth is I had forgotten about your warning since I had a few other issues with the car and it had been a while since I had read the email. I am glad my enthusiasm did not lead to disaster. I will make sure to honor the process from this point on. I do realize that it is the weekend and you will not be able to analyze the data until the work week. Again, let me know if you need more information. Thanks.”

• A revision was sent on October 20 with instructions to start making wot pulls to 5000-5500 and that’s it. Customer was never heard from again.

People can try to skew things anyway they want, just because you type it on the internet, doesn’t make it true. There is a logging process the customer is expected to follow and it simply wasn't done here. You have a car that's been out there for months that at some point had some sort of an unknown mechanical issue, and a tune calibrated for a certain maf clock, unlogged with who knows how many miles or wot hits on it. Then for several more months, without out any kind of a base log and on the dyno making wot hits.

Customer now has a built engine, and just purchased some fuel system upgrades this week and is still doing business with me. So that is "our side of the story" and I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Users who are viewing this thread