Looking to buy new Explorer-What did you pay for yours?

jbes3

Established Member
Looking at buying a new Explorer. Wife has few wants: XLT, Leather, Sunroof, Navigation.

Seen that they currently have a bunch of rebates. Has anyone purchased one recently? What did you pay? I DO get D-Plan, but it seems like sometimes you can negotiate a better than D-Plan price. (Would go to my Mom's dealership to purchase, but I am limited on time to travel there right now, and I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of current incentives.)

I KNOW I can call her and get pricing and what not, but I've read on here before about guys negotiating better than D-Plan, X, A pricing.

Any info would be appreciated.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
We priced the one we wanted online and it came to 42k before my work discount. We looking for the eco boost which is the 2.0L, hid's and keyless start options.

xenodragon

Established Member
We got our ESport for just over $38k. Not a ton of options wife wanted pass through to the 3rd row and some other minor things. Did not get navigation.

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
I got mine at dealer cost (dealer sent me the invoice) plus 2500 in rebates, 500 dealer cash, and recently graduated rebate. Platinum white, 401 package, tow package, moon roof, collision/gap control and the total was less than $44,000.

Edit this was the sport.

jbes3

Established Member
Get a year old one and save $10K!

Not around here. I was considering that, but if I compare a 2013 used to a 2014 new, the price difference is a couple thousand, maybe... and then interest rates are much better on a new one.

jbes3

Established Member
Ended up with an XLT Ruby Red, Navigation, Tow Package, 401A package, and a happy wife. $37K plus $2K in rebates, so we paid $35k for it. Pretty happy with it; better yet, the wife is super happy.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Looking at buying a new Explorer. Wife has few wants: XLT, Leather, Sunroof, Navigation.

Seen that they currently have a bunch of rebates. Has anyone purchased one recently? What did you pay? I DO get D-Plan, but it seems like sometimes you can negotiate a better than D-Plan price. (Would go to my Mom's dealership to purchase, but I am limited on time to travel there right now, and I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of current incentives.)

I KNOW I can call her and get pricing and what not, but I've read on here before about guys negotiating better than D-Plan, X, A pricing.

Any info would be appreciated.

MSRP 41k
Invoice 38k

202A, Navi, Leather, Roof, White

Incentives

2k explorer cash
if you finance through dealer 500 bonus cash
1000 lease conquest (DO NOT HAVE TO TERMINATE LEASE)
500 military or 500 graduate cash

IDK what you qualify for but that's about it on an explorer

Users who are viewing this thread