Looking to buy 08 Shelby gt500 - HELP

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Hi all, been searching the net for information on what options and color combinations are available for the 08 gt500. I have found some info but I cannot find a list with it all. I did find that navigation and ambient lighting is available.
Does anyone have a link with a list?

Also the 08 gt500 has a live axle instead of the irs?

My 03 whhel hops bad and want to know if the 08 gt500 has the same problem

Thanks
Mike :bowdown:

BCPD199

Established Member
Over on stangsunleashed.com there is the ordering guide that lists all of the available options and codes. Believe it or not, edmunds.com will also list the options and invoice & MSRP pricing.

The GT 500's all have a live axle. I know what you mean about the wheel hop. My '03 anniversary 'vert would bounce up & down like a rabbit on crack!:lol: I can't tell you about the 500's, I don't have the pleasure of owning one yet.

chuckstang

Established Member
The GT500s hop just as bad if not worse IMO
You can fix it thought so no worries

I agree, check out stangsunleashed for more info

There is also HID option on the 08s

FiaCobra

Established Member
Yeah, you'll still get rear wheel hop but lowering the car eliminates it.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
You can go to the ford dealer and pick up the brochure. But here you go.

Options. shaker 1000, SIRIUS satellite radio, gt500 premium trim pack(which includes leather wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow, and center console, upgraded armrest, auto-dimming rearveiw mirror with compass, and alluminum pedal covers). stripe delete, ambient lighting, DVD based navigation system(not available with shaker 1000), HID headlamps.

color combos.

with white strips- black, grbber orange,vista blue, red.
with blue strips -white
with alloy strips-black, white
with satin silver strips-alloy, red
with black strips-grabber orange, white, vapor, red

you can only get the red interior in black, alloy, red and white(unless it the white with ista blue strips)cars.

Gosh I hope you dont want to know all the standard stuff. But ill post that also if need be.

Last edited:

Waxbean

2007 Shelby GT 500
Established Member
Mine wheel hops but it is not for the same reason as the IRS terminators... I have heard that after market control arms fixes it. This is the first I have heard that lowering the car fixes it...

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Thanks for all the great info guys. I have found the information:banana:

You can go to the ford dealer and pick up the brochure. But here you go.

Options. shaker 1000, SIRIUS satellite radio, gt500 premium trim pack(which includes leather wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow, and center console, upgraded armrest, auto-dimming rearveiw mirror with compass, and alluminum pedal covers). stripe delete, ambient lighting, DVD based navigation system(not available with shaker 1000), HID headlamps.

color combos.

with white strips- black, grbber orange,vista blue, red.
with blue strips -white
with alloy strips-black, white
with satin silver strips-alloy, red
with black strips-grabber orange, white, vapor, red

you can only get the red interior in black, alloy, red and white(unless it the white with ista blue strips)cars.

Gosh I hope you dont want to know all the standard stuff. But ill post that also if need be.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Is your gt500 that much faster then your terminator? Of course the dealers around here won't allow test drives so I don't know the difference:burnout:

It's a more powerful car but has less traction. :burnout:

Last edited:

FiaCobra

Established Member
... I have heard that after market control arms fixes it. This is the first I have heard that lowering the car fixes it...

That's what i meant. Having different springs and control arms. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread