Looking to buy 07-09 GT500 convertible

KKOSH

Established Member
I found a 07 GT500 convertible with 1800 miles on it for $34,000. Is that a good deal? No mods done to it. I want red with just the white side stripes, prefer the red interior. Anything else I should look for regarding these model years? Thanks!

VegasMichael

Established Member
It's not a horribly unfair starting point. The mileage is low and convertibles sometimes command a bit more than coupes. It's worth trying to chat the owner down, of course. But if this is really the color scheme you want and have had difficulty finding one like it with such low mileage you might not care so much about what you pay for it.

KKOSH

Established Member
Will the clutch be needed for sure? This is probably a question that has alot of various responses but which clutch is the most recommended? Anything else on the 07 model year that needs to be changed?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Will the clutch be needed for sure? This is probably a question that has alot of various responses but which clutch is the most recommended? Anything else on the 07 model year that needs to be changed?

I did not need a new clutch until my first pass with the Kenne Bell. Then it was toast.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

The clutch is hit or miss, I only got 12,000 miles out of mine but others have gotten many more. It would also be a good idea to replace the lower pulley, the stock one is very heavy and was redesigned in 08 to be lighter, its not a must but it will reduce the stress placed on the blower snout and its a good reason to add a 10% lower for some more HP/tq.

KKOSH

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Made a deal on the 07 and I should have it shortly! Very excited. I have a 06 GT vert that is all modded up that I have up for sale. First mod is I bought the Alcoa wheels that I have brand new in boxes. Have to decide what size tires to get. It is a staggered set and I plan on lowering the car.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Thanks everyone. Made a deal on the 07 and I should have it shortly! Very excited. I have a 06 GT vert that is all modded up that I have up for sale. First mod is I bought the Alcoa wheels that I have brand new in boxes. Have to decide what size tires to get. It is a staggered set and I plan on lowering the car.

The Alcoas are the best looking rims for these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread