Looking into buying a cobra

vic_s197

Established Member
Iv been looking for a cobra to buy for the last couple years iv looked at a couple of them but they either convertible or not in good shape. There is a dealership in town that just got an 03 red fire cobra with 70k on it, the body is in really good shape interior is spotless. It's pullied, jlt intake, gauges, exaust, and wheels it's got all the receipts and dyno sheets, made 447 whp. They want 21,000 for it. I'm not crazy about the color or the mileage but these cars are really hard to come by in Colorado. Is 21,000 a good price for this car or should I keep looking?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Is that the asking price or the best you could get them down to? With those miles I wouldn't pay more than $19k and that's only if the exterior/interior is as nice as you say it is. If it had 30k miles its a different story.

Pantera1

Established Member
I saw that one too on craigslist, it looks good. It's not worth 21 though. It's on craigslist for 20

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
17,500 to 18,500. thats it. looks like a nice car though.

vic_s197

Established Member
I might swing by there this week and offer 19. If they don't go for it it gives me a chance to find something better

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Is it a Colorado car originally? a 70k mile car has likely seen some daily driver duty and in Colorado that equals salt. A dealer will try telling you some under carriage rust is to be expected on an 11yr old car and that 70k is still very low for an 11yr old car, ect. None of that matters when your talking 03-04 Cobras, the average miles is much much lower and the average condition is much much higher compared to a normal Mustang.

If I were you I would pass and find either a car that has spent it's life as a summer car, or get a southern\western car. You might end up having to travel for a good car at a good price. I spent a year looking for one and ended up traveling 250 miles away, but would have went further for the right car. It was a plane ride and a long drive home, but just one long day for the right car is a small trade off. If you do decide to pursue that car, first thing to do is insist they put it up on a lift so you can inspect the under carriage to check condition.

vic_s197

Established Member
I'm not sure if it's been in Colorado the whole time but Il find out this week. I'm in no hurry to buy one but since this one popped up I figured I'd look at it

akeohan

Established Member
I'd talk them down to 16K with that mileage, that or keep looking. I wanted a car with no mods because you don't know if they were done correctly and how the car was driven after since they increased the power/fun factor. If you not in a rush I would probably pass, although with that mileage it doesn't look all that bad. good luck on the hunt.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I paid 22K in November for mine. 03 Redfire with 30,500 miles. Had all the upgrades already done. 21K with those miles is high...18K is more like the right price...

Users who are viewing this thread