Looking for some Ported TVS Advice.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
I'm looking to acquire a TVS and was wondering who or where I could send it out to for a really nice port job. I tried using search but could find anything recent. I had really god experience with Posi but heard he wasn't porting anymore. Thanks for any advice.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Posi retiring is a real bummer, the next best to me would be Sylvain at bps. Keep in mind on a upper only car you might see an additional 10hp, unless your going to really spin it with an upper/lower gains will be minimal. This is what I've been told by the guys doing the ports.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Theres welding that can be done to the blower to make it much better but those of us who have done it dont really offer it. Just something to think about. BPS is a great place to send it to.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm plan on running an upper/lower combo just nothing real crazy. I'll be satisfied if It cracks a hair over 700.. Trying to go with a much more simplistic power combo then my current setup.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I shot the OP some info on Steggy if he's looking to port. Didn't try to sell him a GEN II if he's running that TT config. But, since you guys brought it up.....

Yes, a GEN II is the quick and easy way to 700 (and THEN some).

bj

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
No No the TT setup is getting pulled off. And kenneth yes I understand you "can" hit 7 with a stock form tvs but Id still like to have a modded TVS on the car....I mean might as well! lol

kent1

Established Member
I shot the OP some info on Steggy if he's looking to port. Didn't try to sell him a GEN II if he's running that TT config. But, since you guys brought it up.....

Yes, a GEN II is the quick and easy way to 700 (and THEN some).

bj

Are you going to put the Gen II on your car for keeps? ;-)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Little nugget for everyone to think about. Doesnt matter how big you make the inlet of a blower...once u choke it off with a 66.25" tall Throttle body opening thats all it will flow. Blower is only as good as the biggest restriction. Thats why BPS hit a homerun with their plenum combo. Still the fastest TVS cars on the planet and theres a reason for it.

BilletProShop

Established Member
Little nugget for everyone to think about. Doesnt matter how big you make the inlet of a blower...once u choke it off with a 66.25" tall Throttle body opening thats all it will flow. Blower is only as good as the biggest restriction. Thats why BPS hit a homerun with their plenum combo. Still the fastest TVS cars on the planet and theres a reason for it.

+1 :rolleyes: couldn't have said it better myself.

-mat

Users who are viewing this thread