Looking for San Fernando Valley SVT Dealer MOD Friendly?

DonMTV

Established Member
Hey guys,
I am hoping there are a few people in here who live in the San Fernando Valley area of California who have had experiences with an SVT dealer who is one of the good guys. I recently bought a used 2003 Mustang Cobra and drove it from MA to CA. It has only 17k miles on it now, so I want to find a great dealer to do the standard maintenance and warranty work. I live in North Hollywood, and the Star Ford is on Lankershim, but I am not sure they could be the type of dealership I am looking for.

Also, I'd like to find a couple of places that can do "speed shop" work in the Valley. I am aware of B&D in Canoga Park, but are there others to look at? What happened to X2C in Van Nuys? It looks as though they have disappeared. I have a Predator, so who is doing the Tunes in the Valley? Any help would be great!!!

Don

2003 CobraSVT

Established Member
There is a place in oxnard that is a good speed shop called modularmustangracing.com and the guy who owns the shop.. his name is mark and does real good work.. he use to be part owner of x2c as well, but left them because he didnt like there business practices. But that shop is kinda far. But that is where I go, because he is a perfectionist. I got my car tuned with the predator in the valley on canoga at a place called thedynostore.info. As for a good dealership... I always went to vista ford in woodland hills... but they were not always the best... but they is where I go.

DonMTV

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I'd love to hear from others in the San Fernando Valley about their experiences with dealerships and speed shops before I go and have any work done. Anyone else out there?

Thanks,
Don

SVECobraR

Established Member
i heard star is mod friendly, my friend use to take his with mac cai, longtubes, pro chamber and catback and they never said anything. pully and what now i don't know but that stuff they were cool with.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I took my Procharged 98GT into Vista when it ate a belt and they fixed it no hastle, just paid parts and labor obviously.

The only ones who have touched the Cobra have been Galpin though, always a great experience.

And for speedshops, Modular Mustang Racing gets my vote. Been going to Mark for years. Between Galpin and MMR, no one has even pointed a screwdriver at my car but me.

DonMTV

Established Member
03 DSG Snake, thanks for the info. I took care of my 88 GT with a 351, but since this car is something I am not familiar with I figured I would have the dealership take care of things while the car is still in warranty.

I bought it used, and it looks like it was stock. I got someone at a dealership I stopped at to run the OASIS on it to get a report of what has been done on the car. If someone has messed up the warranty I would know. I just want an easy experience for things. I am in North Hollywood, so Star here on Lankershim would be easy because I could drop off and walk home. I know Galpin is a huge dealer, with the sales of Saleens, and SVT's so I could take it there.

I just want to be safe. Thanks again for the info. I am sure there are a lot of Terminators in the 818. I am glad to be one of them.

Take care,
Don

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
Earsl's Automotive In San Fernando Does A Shit Load Of Work On Svt's. He Had A Low 10'sec. Street Car. Just A Kb & Of Boltons. Hes Bad Ass. He Install All The Stuff In My Truck.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
DonMTV said:
03 DSG Snake, thanks for the info. I took care of my 88 GT with a 351, but since this car is something I am not familiar with I figured I would have the dealership take care of things while the car is still in warranty.

I bought it used, and it looks like it was stock. I got someone at a dealership I stopped at to run the OASIS on it to get a report of what has been done on the car. If someone has messed up the warranty I would know. I just want an easy experience for things. I am in North Hollywood, so Star here on Lankershim would be easy because I could drop off and walk home. I know Galpin is a huge dealer, with the sales of Saleens, and SVT's so I could take it there.

I just want to be safe. Thanks again for the info. I am sure there are a lot of Terminators in the 818. I am glad to be one of them.

Take care,
Don

Sooooo when do the mods begin? :pepper:

DonMTV

Established Member
Well, I bought the car in October with 11k miles on it from a secondary dealer in PA. One of the first things I bought was a Predator so that eventually I could load tunes. I got myself a car cover, bought a pulley but I am not sure it is the one I want to use. I did just order the JLT Cold Air Kit in Redfire and it should arrive today or tomorrow. I think I will hold off on anything else for a while.

Since I built up a 351 for my 88 GT I think it would be fun to build up a killer shortblock that is stroked and then get that new Ford/Whipple blower to top it. Of course the next big purchase will be a catted X-Pipe, and Cat-back. Looking at the Bassani stuff. Although I have loved the sound of my Flowmaster American Thunders on my GT. I know, different motor with different sounds. Oh well, I love this new car.

Thanks for all the advice.

Don

Users who are viewing this thread