looking for pics of widebody foxbodys

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Sunburned, that looks like an easy way to to it and it looks decent. Especially cause the guy actually races the car. Nice find.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
VIPER D said:
dkjbawidebodymustang0001_Page_12cop.jpg

And all this time I thought BMW made the E30 M3. :poke:

98expo

Established Member
dtheo said:
I think it looks badass, wide tires and rims, perfect for open track. I'd take that over any slowbra.

I know the guy that owns this one. Great looking car in person.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
98expo said:
I know the guy that owns this one. Great looking car in person.

Hell, it's great looking in the pics. Where'd he pick up those fenders?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
Not mine, just found it browsing some wheel/tire thread on corral.

65366983.aQne0j1Z.jpg

65366985.oeMG0dyc.jpg

65366987.P6a5Q4FI.jpg

:eek:

I Personally like the rear end of the car. Im not crazy about a wide body up front but i like the back. 335s on a fox looks badass with normal sizes up front

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Here are a few of one of my previous Fox-bodies. I had the Maier Racing 1.5" flared fenders and quarter panels. I was able to fit 17x10" (315/35-17) front and 17x12 (335/35-17) rear:

My1st93LX.gif

My1st93LX1.gif

My1st93LX2.gif

My1st93LX3.gif

Here is one of another LX with the 3" flared kit:

FlaredFenders.gif

You have to use the Maier dropped rear bumper cover, or a 1993 Cobra rear bumper cover to match the body lines to the quarter panels. A saleen rear bumper cover works, too.

Personally, I liked the way it looked on my car. With the 1.5" flared kit it was subtle, and hardly anyone noticed, they just knew something looked different.

The fenders required a LOT of prep work, and modification to fit like factory, and the rear are overlays on the steel panels with the stock pannels cut out to allow ultra wide wheels in the back.

EDIT: forgot the fact that the fenders are molded from the 79-90 version that requires the use of the pre-91 fender extentions that bolt to the bottom of the fender from the air dam. The back of the fenders need to be braced to keep them lined up with the hood and cowl lines, and the antenna hole needs to be cut, and reinforced to mount one like stock.

Lots of work.....

If I were to do it again today, I would just have custom sheet metal work done and flare the steel panels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread