looking for pics of widebody foxbodys

93blacktruck

Established Member
i am looking for a friend. He wants to put a wide body kit on his fox not for looks. he wants to put wider tires all around so he can roadrace it anyone help with pics or where he can get a kit
thanks
Ryan

5litericeater

93notch
Established Member
I think Saleen used to make a wide body kit for the fox also, id also like to see some pics. Nothing better than carving the turns!

supergt4d

Established Member
mikeskillingstad1.jpg

http://www.maierracing.com makes wider fenders and Quarter panels

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
you shouldn't been looking for widebody kits..:nono:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
They dont make a wider fender kit for an 04 do they? I know tiger racing does, but thati requires the front as well, I just would mnd having some more clearance.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
supergt4d said:
mikeskillingstad1.jpg

http://www.maierracing.com makes wider fenders and Quarter panels

BLAAAAH :xpl: :xpl: Looks like a tonka toy now.

Would need different fenders on a pre-91 car with QA1 K-frame though...

They move the frame 1 inch forward to improve handling.. Which means any 17' 225+ Rim/tire combo is gonna try to push your front bumper off when your parking or taking tight turns.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
^

Form follows function, my man. "It doesn't belong on a Fox body" sounds like a silly comment, especially to someone wanting to ROAD RACE a Fox. Wider fenders, thus, WOULD belong on a Fox.

That's why. Clear?

To the original post... I'm not sure who did the widebody, but I've got the Ford Mustang 2007 calendar, and in this month's picture it has two '82 Fox Mustangs. A red one, and behind that, a black Fox with a widebody kit on it. Looks absolutely fantastic, I only wish I knew who made it and if it's available. I've got a '86 GT dead in the water right now that is dying for a fresh engine, some suspension and body work, and some wide meats.

If anyone knows the pic I'm speaking of and the type of kit/manufacturer, post it up, I'm sure someone here - including myself - will be interested. I'll try and get a scan this weekend otherwise.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Any of you guys seen the yellow and red steeda cars? fox body and they do seemed widened... I dont remember where I seen them, maybe on a MMFF mag or something

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Duende said:
^
To the original post... I'm not sure who did the widebody, but I've got the Ford Mustang 2007 calendar, and in this month's picture it has two '82 Fox Mustangs. A red one, and behind that, a black Fox with a widebody kit on it. Looks absolutely fantastic, I only wish I knew who made it and if it's available.

Holy Shit!!!

I have the same calender and wonder everyday what the text on the side after Mustang GT says. Check the exploded view on the bottom righthand corner. Maybe its a factory 1 off er something and we could use that text to google it.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
Holy Shit!!!

I have the same calender and wonder everyday what the text on the side after Mustang GT says. Check the exploded view on the bottom righthand corner. Maybe its a factory 1 off er something and we could use that text to google it.

Hahahaha... I did the exact same thing this morning before I went to work. I can ALMOST see it, but then it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread