Looking for pics of holes cut in hoods to clear intakes

BOSSisback82

Established Member
what are you having trouble fitting?? your cobra intake under your gt hood??? have you added washers to where the hood bolts to the hindges?? this could help a bit as you dont need that much more room.

yes it's a stock gt hood. no I didn't try that yet but I will. I've got the half inch MMR intake spacer so that's part of the problem but it's hitting without the spacer even in as well. I have a UPR tubular k-member and I guess that causes the motor to sit a bit higher than before because when I first got the car the hood shut fine. And yes I'm going to take my time for sure. It's not going to be on the car for long because like I said I'm going to be getting a cowl hood soon but obviously I want it to look good. thanks for your help guys.

My94GT

Established Member
yes it's a stock gt hood. no I didn't try that yet but I will. I've got the half inch MMR intake spacer so that's part of the problem but it's hitting without the spacer even in as well. I have a UPR tubular k-member and I guess that causes the motor to sit a bit higher than before because when I first got the car the hood shut fine. And yes I'm going to take my time for sure. It's not going to be on the car for long because like I said I'm going to be getting a cowl hood soon but obviously I want it to look good. thanks for your help guys.

i ran into the same problem with mine. upr k member here too, my motor was like 2 inches or so too high with solid mounts. i steped down to poly mounts and the shop that installed it was able to get away with cutting the spots you see in the pic

mustang_00

Established Member
Guy is a member on this site.Can't remember his screen name.:coolman:

is he the one that did a 5.4L swap??? i really don't remember anything posted with that car. maybe a sound clip!? can someone post up??? hahaha that picture seriously looks chopped. very neat to know it's real

Teksid281

Banned
Have you considered just putting spacers between the hood hinges and the hood itself? Its better than cutting up a perfectly good hood, and it kinda has the same effect as a cowl hood. Redneck Cowl hood FTW :rockon:

01GT5.4

Established Member
DSCN1215.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread