Looking for pics of holes cut in hoods to clear intakes

BOSSisback82

Established Member
Looking for pic of hood with hole cut to clear intake and advice on the subject

I was wondering if anyone had any pics/advice/knowledge on how to cut a nice clean hole in a hood to clear an intake. I was thinking maybe after I get the measurements having it cut with a waterjet perhaps?? I was also wondering once the hole is cut what can be used to cover the cut edge....some kind of weatherstrip I would assume but where can you get this?....any info and/or pics would be greatly appericiated guys thanks

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
IMG_0055.jpg

looking for something like this?? the bottom of my hood had to be cut to fit the blower

BOSSisback82

Established Member
IMG_0055.jpg

looking for something like this?? the bottom of my hood had to be cut to fit the blower

Thanks but not really. I was mainly looking for a hole cut all the way through the hood with the intake showing out the top. Like mustangs with a lightning motor swap you know?

mustang_00

Established Member
i ran into a fox body back in 01/02 and it had slots cut into it so the hood would close (clearance?) or to show off he was running a paxton!? i asked him and he said he bought the hood like that but didn't say where. it looked insane. i ran into a 99-04 in the colorado springs area with a crazy orange paint job and he had the same thing done but it looked like he was running a old blower shop blower. i wanted to take pix but i couldn't turn around.

i'll keep an eye out for pre made hoods. a company that used a bright red 351 twin turbo used to make hoods like that. i can't remember the companies name though. i suck

BOSSisback82

Established Member
i ran into a fox body back in 01/02 and it had slots cut into it so the hood would close (clearance?) or to show off he was running a paxton!? i asked him and he said he bought the hood like that but didn't say where. it looked insane. i ran into a 99-04 in the colorado springs area with a crazy orange paint job and he had the same thing done but it looked like he was running a old blower shop blower. i wanted to take pix but i couldn't turn around.

i'll keep an eye out for pre made hoods. a company that used a bright red 351 twin turbo used to make hoods like that. i can't remember the companies name though. i suck

thanks bud I appericiate you keeping an eye out

BOSSisback82

Established Member
oh no thanks on that, just get a better fitting hood

well I'm going to eventually but I need to do something in the meantime while I save up for a cowl hood....this is by no means a permanent idea. Just a way to get the hood shut and make it look as good as possible

Teksid281

Banned
The best way to cut it is to draw the outline of what you want cutout on the hood with a sharpie then go over it using some 2" masking tape that is transparent enough to see the mark under it. Cut it out with a small reciprocating saw or dremel tool (dremel doesnt work as well.) You'll want a high tooth count on your blade too

mustang_00

Established Member
2000-ford-mustang-1.jpg

found this... looks like a photoshop... the fox i mentioned earlier. his piping only stuck out a 1/2" looked really clean!! still looking for something similar to what i saw...

My94GT

Established Member
what are you having trouble fitting?? your cobra intake under your gt hood??? have you added washers to where the hood bolts to the hindges?? this could help a bit as you dont need that much more room.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
2000-ford-mustang-1.jpg

found this... looks like a photoshop... the fox i mentioned earlier. his piping only stuck out a 1/2" looked really clean!! still looking for something similar to what i saw...

Guy is a member on this site.Can't remember his screen name.:coolman:

My94GT

Established Member

thats not a PS thats 2v4now (im pretty sure thats his name)

Users who are viewing this thread