Looking For Nice Places To Live In NJ....Within An Hour Of Rahway?

vipergts281

Established Member
Anybody have any suggestions? I am somewhat familiar with NJ, I know some parts aren't that great but I also know some parts are very nice.

Must haves.....

Good school district
And be within an hour of Rahway.

Northern NJ, say above Route 78, is out of the question for other reasons.

I'm thinking somewhere in the Flemington area, I was there a few years ago and remember it being pretty nice. So maybe in the areas between Flemington, over to Somerset, east to Rahway, south to Princeton....the area in the middle of those cities.

More so between Flemington and Princeton....what is that area like?

What about around Hillsborough and Hamilton.

Thanks. :beer:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I grew up in Cranbury NJ. Awesome historic town with excellent schools. Not sure what you are looking to spend on a home but I would move back there in a second if work brought me there. It's 20 minutes south of New Brunswick, 15 minutes north of Princeton and halfway between NYC and Phila on route 130. Check it out....

Last edited:

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
There is a house next door to me for sale. Milltown, next to E. Brunswick. Good schools.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Stangette03 said:
Somerset is beautiful.... but expensive.
Most places in Jersey are expensive! But I grew up just outside of Hamilton Square, so I can't bad mouth it too much. I know this inquiry isn't for you Gene (ha, I made a punny), so what's the deal, thought that was all behind you?

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
TR03Mach1 said:
Most places in Jersey are expensive! But I grew up just outside of Hamilton Square, so I can't bad mouth it too much. I know this inquiry isn't for you Gene (ha, I made a punny), so what's the deal, thought that was all behind you?
Just trying to help her out.

trublu gen2

Established Member
I live in Raritan Township, just outside of Flemington. I love it here. You get a good mix of city(Flemington) and country(Hunterdon County). Some of the best schools in the state also. I know of many people that moved here specifically for the school district. You can find houses here anywhere from $400k to $1.5 million. Great neighbors, friendly community, its truely a win-win situation.

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
:-D Millstone TWP, monmouth county, off main roads but close to major roads, over 40 sq mi borders ocean, middlesex and mercer counties.
As far as new. most ikely you'd have to go 700 but great area, my hidden NJ oasis:coolman:

vipergts281

Established Member
trublu gen2 said:
I live in Raritan Township, just outside of Flemington. I love it here. You get a good mix of city(Flemington) and country(Hunterdon County). Some of the best schools in the state also. I know of many people that moved here specifically for the school district. You can find houses here anywhere from $400k to $1.5 million. Great neighbors, friendly community, its truely a win-win situation.
How far would it take you to get to Rahway from Flemington?

That is the area I am thinking of looking more into. I was up there about 5 years ago and liked it.

Is there new construction in the area?

Users who are viewing this thread