Looking for more recent input on aftermarket radiators.

mishimoto

Established Member
Thanks guys, don't want to de-rail the thread for the OP, but we are all car enthusiasts here and know what it's like to have a common problem with no fix. It's horrible and makes life aggravating, so we're just out looking to help fellow car people.

97cobra1

Established Member
Derail away. I've searched for days to find bits and pieces of the info piling up in this thread.

My questions are pretty well answered at this point.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Here:

03-04 'bra radiator (same as the 03-04 Mach1 ..btw)

$280.89

More Information for VISTA-PRO 438202

getimage.php

It's all aluminum. See the black side brackets?

Same as this used one on eBay:
2003 2004 Mustang 4 6 SVT Cobra Radiator Hose SKU I107 | eBay

..and here is the 03-04 Cobra unit I installed in mine a few years ago (compared to the skinny 99-01 Cobra radiator):
01vs04cobraradiator.jpg

dsc1632b.jpg

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I understand that it does not fit the 96.

It doesn't. I had one, tried to test fit it and found the mounts are significantly wider on the 03/04 Cobra radiator. I ground as much of the mount away as I felt comfortable doing and it still wouldn't fit. On a 96 you would have to cut off the lower radiator support tabs and re-weld them further out towards the fenders to accommodate the wider mounting post positions on the radiator.

As far as the A/C is concerned, I would expect it to influence the water temperature of the car to an extent. The condenser sits in front of the radiator, it's one more thing for the incoming air charge to cool. As such, the air charge is now warmer before it hits the radiator, it's going to be less effective.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I understand that it does not fit the 96.

My car is a 1995.

If it can fit in mine, I'm pretty sure it will fit a 1996.

When I installed the first brand new 2001 radiator when I did my motor swap, I did cut/spread the mounting bracket holes open outwards in an oblong shape and the rubber bushing was able to remain inside to cushion the radiator's brackets to fit snugly within.

I'll see if I can locate a pic.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
where did you get yours that you know you got the new design. thanx. can you tell a difference in the cooling.

Users who are viewing this thread