Looking for MAC catted prochamber

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
Greetings..i know that mac stopped making catted prochambers so i am looking for a used one. I dont give a damn if the cats even burn at all. as long as i get the prochamber sound and pass va inspection. i dont have to worry about emissions testing because i live in the sticks where it isnt required. so again my reason for going this route is solely to pass va safety inspection(they wont pass a car without cats).

the car is an 04 terminator.

thanks

-G
[email protected]

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
My understanding is that The MAC catted Prochamber came with marginal catalytic converters at best. This is probably why you cannot find this version any more. My suggestion would be to buy a set of high flow cats of your choosing and have them welded/clamped in. This way you will have a custom mid pipe to fit your needs. Price for cats, pipe and labor should be fairly comparable.

Hope this helps.

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
My understanding is that The MAC catted Prochamber came with marginal catalytic converters at best. This is probably why you cannot find this version any more. My suggestion would be to buy a set of high flow cats of your choosing and have them welded/clamped in. This way you will have a custom mid pipe to fit your needs. Price for cats, pipe and labor should be fairly comparable.

Hope this helps.

honestly I don't want cats. I just want a state inspection sticker..ha

I will prob buy the cheapest catted h or x pipe I can find and take it to get inspected then throw the prochamber back on. store the catted pipe for the following years inspections I guess. never thought id result to doing these kinds of things again but hey...it might feel fun to act 17 again! lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd honestly stay away from Mac products, I have my reasons and plenty of pictures as to why. I told that tech lady years ago I'd never buy from them again and also that I would let everyone know! Sorry, carry on....

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
I'd honestly stay away from Mac products, I have my reasons and plenty of pictures as to why. I told that tech lady years ago I'd never buy from them again and also that I would let everyone know! Sorry, carry on....

now I want to know lol....please, fill us in. the sound that mac makes plus the dyno difference(my experience) is why I keep going back. hey in a perfect world id have stainless works shit on all my cars/bikes..but in this world, the old lady would shit a chicken :bash:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
now I want to know lol....please, fill us in. the sound that mac makes plus the dyno difference(my experience) is why I keep going back. hey in a perfect world id have stainless works shit on all my cars/bikes..but in this world, the old lady would shit a chicken :bash:

LOL, yeah I always bought mac exhaust in the past. Hell my old sbf sounded really good with prochamber midpipe and there pro dumps. But they left me hanging when there long tube headers didn't line up at all to there pro chamber midpipe. This was all for a 408 stroker. The dumb tech lady insisted that we were installing the exhaust wrong! The guy that I had do it does welding for a living and plenty of roll cages, and mini to full tubs, ect. He was pissed! Even after multiple pictures I still had zero luck, and the guy working on my car had to end up fabricating the midpipe.

Like I said wrong thread, but it irritates me to this day.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just trying to let others know. I'll pay more for great customer service. Here's proof. In the last picture you can see where the midpipe was modified.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00800.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Guess it just depends with them. My ProChamber about fell in and lined up perfect.
OP, you should see if you can find a stock mid-pipe for inspection.

Bigggy

Established Member
Am i a lucky bastard if I got one (catted prochamber) haha? For the same reason as the OP im keeping a catted mid if I ever need inspection again, for now running a O/R prohamber.

Good luck with your search!

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
Am i a lucky bastard if I got one (catted prochamber) haha? For the same reason as the OP im keeping a catted mid if I ever need inspection again, for now running a O/R prohamber.

Good luck with your search!

you wanna rent out that catted pipe for a day? lol

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Why not just get a hallowed out/bad one and take the outside shell to weld onto existing mid pipe. If you just need the look this would serve you purpose. Just take shell top and bottom and put on current mid pipe.

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
check with chris macduff at excessive motorsports in manassas. he likes them and might have one he welded cats in. good luck

yea chris is my dude..ive been ****in with excessive since way back in the day. hes saved mine and my friends asses many a time. i think he had the ONLY 94-95 5.0 bellhousing on the east coast once. needless to say, i got the bellhousing. and the price was WAY right..im going to take my terminator over to his new shop to tune it here soon. i know he got the dyno spot cut out of the concrete but is it all functional yet?

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
Why not just get a hallowed out/bad one and take the outside shell to weld onto existing mid pipe. If you just need the look this would serve you purpose. Just take shell top and bottom and put on current mid pipe.

exactly what i may have to do. i dont drive the car but maybe 10 miles every 2 weeks...im not dying to get this done

Users who are viewing this thread