Looking for info on a 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Vert in NC

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Sold my 99 a few years ago but I've missed it since then. I'm working myself up to getting a new ride.

Found a Sonic Blue Cobra Vert at Keffer VW in Huntersville NC. The car has a 2.76 Billetflow pulley, flowmaster cat-back, MM CC plates, JLT CAI (blue) and clearly a tune of some sort because TC won't turn off. I'm not sure if the shifter is aftermarket, but the shifter handle at least seems to be. There is some slop in the shifter, not the nice tightness of a tri-ax or similar shifter.

I think it also has an aftermarket clutch (pedal is stiff) and aluminum flywheel because it seems easier to stall than my 99 (ok, so I'm a little a out of practice driving a manual as well).

That is all I could see in the dark.

It has 71K miles on it; does anyone recognize this car from the description and/or know the owner. Cobra owners are a tightknit group and I figure it's likely someone knows of this car.

I'm looking for information on other mods done, how it was treated, etc, if anyone knows of this car.

It pulled hard (the kids giggled when I hit it) and I didn't notice any odd noises - trans was a little hard to get in and out of gear, but wasn't grinding; probably because I'm out of practice in a strange car.

And of course the inevitable: Given the list of mods I KNOW of, what's a estimate of the power it is making?

Jroc

Established Member
You may also think about looking at "High-End Auto" in Appomattox, VA.

Hi-End Auto LLC

It is were I bought my car, selling 03/04 Cobra is what they started their business doing, and what they specialize in. They are good people.

stocksnke01

Established Member
The shifter on that car would HAVE to go..

at least its not a pistol grip :coolman:

but for the op from the pics it look alrite but for that price you can find one way nicer but then again idk how firm they are on the price, depends on the tune for the horsepower. i just picked up my 03 with similar mods and was expecting about 450hp for my car and well im not gonna mention what it put out, make sure that the intercooler pump is working that things not cheap to replace when you just buy a new car and is a real hp killer!

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Thanks guys.

Yeah, the price is real high for the mileage; I am NOT going to pay that much for certain.

How do you verify the intercooler pump is working and how often do they go out?

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
You should see the fluid moving in the overflow tank. They usually go out at about 50,000 miles.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the price is real high for the mileage; I am NOT going to pay that much for certain.

How do you verify the intercooler pump is working and how often do they go out?

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
OP, I just saw that car on Craigslist today. I assume you passed on it. What did you find out about it? Mods? Were they willing to negotiate price? Let me know. I may have a buddy who's interested.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
I'm still considering it.
OASIS report shows it had nothing major - it was overheating at 55K due to a stuck thermostat, but other stuff in it has been minor. Carfax was clean also.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
You may also think about looking at "High-End Auto" in Appomattox, VA.

Hi-End Auto LLC

It is were I bought my car, selling 03/04 Cobra is what they started their business doing, and what they specialize in. They are good people.

...Friend of mine purchased a SB Coupe from "Hi-End" with No Problems!!

Jroc

Established Member
...Friend of mine purchased a SB Coupe from "Hi-End" with No Problems!!

Thats where I bought my car, and you couldn't ask for a nicer place to get acqainted with your new Cobra, as the country up there is beautiful. Driving my new Cobra home threw the valleys and mountian of mid-west Virginia was a very enjoyable experiance for me. :beer:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Yeah, Hi-end auto has a LOT of Cobras up there, I've been watching them.

ROADSTR6 - that one at Keffer pulls pretty hard; I ride a ZX14 so it's pretty hard to really impress me, but it's way stronger than my 99 was.

Mods are as stated - it has a lightbar which, frankly, isn't in great shape, and the paint is chipped and nicked up in places - it's got 71K so that doesn't surprise me. The driver's seat insert is pretty worn, again - 71k miles, something you should expect.

I like the wheels on it - I think those are FR500s. I didn't notice other mods; pretty standard pulley/intake/exhaust/tune Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread