looking for help....

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
....with what to do next. All mods are in my sig. Have no idea what to do next. Supercharger, or turbo is a little too much right now. Anything else I can do thats on the cheaper side but adds power that I have missed so far?

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
intake you don't have to take motor out its a pretty easy job basically just removing small bolts here and there....i hear ya i didnt get my heads done when the new shortblock went in either but only because funds were tight already and i needed the car back on the road. that will be later down the line.

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
intake you don't have to take motor out its a pretty easy job basically just removing small bolts here and there....i hear ya i didnt get my heads done when the new shortblock went in either but only because funds were tight already and i needed the car back on the road. that will be later down the line.

I didn't need my car back on the road, but I wanted it back lol!! At some point I will get the ported intake done.

01 Venom

Established Member
I dont see gears in your sig, how about some gears?

I am confused by the 2000 Cobra Thing, is this a GT? with a cobra motor or something?

What kind of rear are you rockin?

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
I dont see gears in your sig, how about some gears?

I am confused by the 2000 Cobra Thing, is this a GT? with a cobra motor or something?

What kind of rear are you rockin?

I have gears, they're in my sig. They're 4.30's.
It was a 2000 6er. Never could tell though now. Now you opened me up for the :burn: of its not a real cobra, etc.......

I'm rockin an '03 gt rear end.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
if the motor was built right the spray will not hurt it with the proper tune

01 Venom

Established Member
ahh well it was obvioud you dont have a cobra, I was just curious

your built for boost though, how about just save for that?

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
not sure

I'm not sure if you are running a solid rear or IRS since your sig lists a 2000 Cobra? but if you are running the IRS, I would get a BF diff brace and a Ford Racing IRS crossbar. Subframe connectors would help get your power to the ground. You could have done headers easily too while your motor was out...

Also, throw the KYBs in the garbage and get some good shocks and struts, Koni's or Bilsteins.

Who's tune are you running on the Xcal2? You could get a custom tune if you are running a generic one.

Looks like you have most of the good stuff already though! :beer:

Last edited:

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
most people don't pick it up. But it's an easy give away with the color. Atlantic Blue Metallic was not a Cobra color.

A give a way to what? I did note the color, but that doesn't tell me anything. Lots of people have their cars repainted.

How does that help anyone determine if you are running a solid rear or not? :dw:

*edit* and before anyone say's it's listed in his sig, it wasn't originally*

Last edited:

2000SuperStang

Project SuperStang
Established Member
A give a way to what? I did note the color, but that doesn't tell me anything. Lots of people have their cars repainted.

How does that help anyone determine if you are running a solid rear or not? :dw:

*edit* and before anyone say's it's listed in his sig, it wasn't originally*

The color gives away that its not a cobra. I was responding to '01 venom. I never said anything about it giving away whether its a solid rear end. :bash: I've never seen a 99-01 cobra painted differently then the stock colors.

Users who are viewing this thread