Looking for car #1658: OW 03 coupe w/ parchment interior (in Georgia)

josephcostello

Established Member
I have the original window sticker and SVT certificate for your car in perfect shape. I had gotten it when I bought some other cobra memorabilia and it's been wall art with the one from my other car. I would like to return it to the car. One guy on FB said this car was in Georgia as of mid last year. If this is your car and you would like these back, please PM me.
273220915_4902896613066251_3820591662458592063_n.jpg

273319650_4902896629732916_1956120783523859687_n.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kind of a shot in the dark posting here hoping the owner will be found. But hopefully the owner will see or hear about your thread.

The DPPA is very restrictive as far as what personal info you can legally get doing a VIN search service. So it is doubtful that would work for you in this instance, based on my understanding of what are permissible DPPA applicable searches.

josephcostello

Established Member
Kind of a shot in the dark posting here hoping the owner will be found. But hopefully the owner will see or hear about your thread.

The DPPA is very restrictive as far as what personal info you can legally get doing a VIN search service. So it is doubtful that would work for you in this instance, based on my understanding of what are permissible DPPA applicable searches.

Yeah huge shot in the dark. When I did a vin search on a car about a year ago I actually was told the legal name of the last recorded owner but that was it. And it actually changed hands twice after them so it wasn't very accurate.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately #1658 isn't listed in the build # thread. I tried to look there

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Darn!

Yeah huge shot in the dark. When I did a vin search on a car about a year ago I actually was told the legal name of the last recorded owner but that was it. And it actually changed hands twice after them so it wasn't very accurate.
So you DID do a VIN search. Well, really nice of you to take time trying to get the paperwork to the present owner. Hopefully you will eventually connect. As encouragement, my old '03 Cobra went through about 7-8 owners and just recently the (then) owner found me and reached out. It happens.

josephcostello

Established Member
Darn!

So you DID do a VIN search. Well, really nice of you to take time trying to get the paperwork to the present owner. Hopefully you will eventually connect. As encouragement, my old '03 Cobra went through about 7-8 owners and just recently the (then) owner found me and reached out. It happens.
Was it a DSG coupe by chance? I follow the guy who sold it a couple weeks ago to get into an MC coupe. Interesting it had so many owners...

Users who are viewing this thread