looking for better heads

Mustangtony

Established Member
OK guys I have the infamous "TICK" in the left head and I am trying to find better heads. But, I am having a hard time finding anyone with heads for sale. I looked on RPM outlet but it says the product is no longer available. I need some help. Does anyone know where to go to to get them bad boys?????

SlowSVT

Established Member
RPM Outlet :eek:

You can either fix the heads you have or get a set of 05 update heads. The Terminator heads and the 05 update heads are the best 4.6 heads available. What ever happens make sure at the end of the day the spark plug holes have 9 threads.

Ironhand

Banned
I would say a set of ported 5.4 Navi heads. Everything from the 4.6 can be reused and bolted onto the head. Including exhaust. I've seen a few flow numbers on the ported heads and it will outflow a set of stock FGT heads on the intake side and flow just as well as any head on the exhaust side. The cost of Navi heads plus porting will be around the 2200 mark depending on where you get the heads and who ports them.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would say a set of ported 5.4 Navi heads. Everything from the 4.6 can be reused and bolted onto the head. Including exhaust. I've seen a few flow numbers on the ported heads and it will outflow a set of stock FGT heads on the intake side and flow just as well as any head on the exhaust side. The cost of Navi heads plus porting will be around the 2200 mark depending on where you get the heads and who ports them.

The 5.4 navi heads won't meet up to the intake manifold due to the taller block. The only heads that flow better then the Terminator heads are the Cobra R, The FGT and the GT500 heads which are all 5.4 based. This being a forced inducted engine I would not bother going through all the trouble of adapting 5.4 heads to a 4.6. Gains will be minimal and expensive. Turing up the boost will net you the same results.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Get the Ford Racing heads, they are about $1200 each complete.

M-6049-464V
M-6050-464V

No core charge either, and they are the same as the revised '05 heads.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Get the 05 revised heads from tousley ford, they are a sponsor on this forum, and stay away from rpmoutlet.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
we need some DART , EDEL, TRICK FLOW AFR ,HEADS !
should have some out in about 10 more yrs. HA!

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
See post #6. The FRPP heads are the revised heads...

I seen that, but where are you finding them for 1200 each? Least I've seen has been 1600 each. Tousley is roughly 2300 complete both heads I believe.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I had A bad dealing with rpm outlet ! it's okay if you get the right part ! .''but'' if you have to ''RETURN'' something 'or' something is not right ...they will have you the run around, will E MAIL return B/S . it took me over 100 days to get my credit only , no cash refunds !

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Mustangtony

Established Member
wow thanks for the heads up guys no more RPM outlet hahaha. thanks for the link on the heads jrgoffin but the car dropped 4th gear last night so now its find the internals i want/need and get that done i can deal with the tick for now 8)

Users who are viewing this thread