Looking for an 03 Cobra in Ma

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
AutocrosserBob said:
Ok, the car was built in April of 03 and unfortunately I forgot to get the computer code. Does anyone know if some of the paint/primer issues were fixed at the factory? The current owner swears he never had the car painted but there is overspray on the side view mirrors???? From what I can see it has never been hit as the undercarriage is perfect.

Thanks,
Bob

It was built within a month of mine it's most likely a YDH1. The paint jobs are not the greatest on these cars I have a lot of imperfections in mine. Did you get the VIN#? run a carfax report.

Dave

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Thanks for the repsonse Dave. I did run an Autocheck (same as Carfax) and all it shows is the registration info, no accidents. The car is extremely clean and the owner seems to be a pretty honest and nice guy. I really don't think this car has seen rain, it's that clean. The plastic is even still on the floormats, radio display, and gas pedal. The owner is really a car show guy, not a racer. I am leaning toward making an offer at this point.

Thanks,
Bob

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
My Cobra was built on 11/27/02 and it has the YDH1 computer code,
so I believe this on is also.

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Ok, I did get the lowdown on the paint from SVT. I gave them the VIN and they told me that it was painted for flaking paint under warranty.

I am still thinking about it.....

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I have had muscle cars since I was 17 and I am 50 now.The '03 Cobra
is the best performer I have every had.I really enjoy the Cobra.

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Well, the owner and I settled on a deal, $23.5k for the car. I should be able to pick it up this weekend.

Bob,
Soon to be back in a SVT product

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
AutocrosserBob said:
Well, the owner and I settled on a deal, $23.5k for the car. I should be able to pick it up this weekend.

Bob,
Soon to be back in a SVT product

Congrats

Dave <-------real name ;-)

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
I am in Medway Ma, near the Milford/Franklin area. Thanks for the TSB.

You can call me Mike, I know it's confusing but I was trying to keep things quiet until it was all said and done so I used my nickname. If you know the SVTOA guys in the area I am the one that used to run the EVO at the autocrosses. I even took it on to American Muscle Day at LVD when I got it. Boy was I the odd one out that day. At least it ran a 13.3 stock.

Mike

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
I just moved out of Millis this April, was there for 5 years.....Pretty much the same town. I will definitely be making it to NED this year not to mention the 2 American Muscle days the SVTOA guys have set up. My goal is to have a car that runs 12.0's and handles well for the autocross. Might take 18 months to get it done but I will get there.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread